Featuring Miss Illinois Princess Ava Pokol!



My mom says that little girls with dreams become women with vision, and I am well on my way!  This year as National American Miss Illinois Princess has been unforgettable!  I have grown in my confidence, I have learned to give as often as I can, and that with hard work- dreams really do come true!
Throughout the year, I have been honored to work with children with Down Syndrome at Gigi’s Playhouse.  It’s so important to spread kindness and help all kids to feel accepted.
I’ve also had the opportunity to compete at Nationals, pack meals at Feed My Starving Children, make blankets for preemie babies, hand make cards for the homeless, ride in the Pumpkin Festival parade, help as NAM Visiting Royalty, volunteer with Hurricane Harvey relief- and I was even blessed to have donated my pageant winnings to the American Red Cross and Gigi’s Playhouse.
My favorite memory of this year will be my first real interview with the Chicago Tribune Newspaper!   My mom bought several copies.
Special thank you to Steve and Kathleen Mayes for giving me this amazing experience.  Thank you Mary Swenson for coaching me- it’s all about confidence and poise!  To all of my sister queens, I love you and hope to be just like you one day!  Mom and dad- thank you for supporting my dreams- and to my brother Tyler, thanks for always being there to cheer me on.
To my successor: Be Yourself and have fun!  It will be an adventure of a lifetime!
If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true. I am your 2017 National American Miss Illinois Princess, Ava Pokol.











Comments

Popular Posts