In the Spotlight is Miss Oregon Jr. Pre-Teen!



Hearing my name called as the new Miss Oregon Jr. Preteen was one of the happiest moments in my life. When I started with National American Miss back in 2013 I had never done a pageant before. I had so much fun meeting new people and walking the stage. The high light for me in being crowned in 2016 was that my close pageant friend got to crown me. The year before when she won I said to her, “next year you will crown me”, and it came true. Becoming the Oregon state queen was a dream come true for me.
In my year of reign, I participated in parades with my sister queens. I love volunteering, giving back and helping out in my community. This year I organized a love for animals drive at my elementary school that helped support our local animal shelter. Volunteered with my local relay for life organization and worked on several projects with our Salvation Army.
I want to thank my Mom, Dad and Grandma Lisa for supporting me 100% in everything that I do. My auntie Karen who always comes through for me for all of my sewing needs. The rest of my family for always rooting me on and encouraging me in my journey. And of course all of my pageant friends that I have made through the years. You guys I will always have a special bond with through the pageants.
Always remember Think, Can, Do…. If you think you can’t, tell yourself you can and then Do it. National American Miss has shown me that you can achieve anything that you work for.

Signing off for the last time, I am your National American Miss Oregon Jr. Preteen 2016, Kaydence Mckuhn.





Comments

Popular Posts