Featuring Miss Michigan!




Wow! What an incredible year it has been. It was 6 years ago that I first fell in love with NAM and started my journey – then being crowned Miss Michigan Teen in 2015 and Miss Michigan in 2016 changed my life forever.  I am so grateful for the amazing opportunities that have been bestowed upon me through this experience. Although my journey with National American Miss is coming to a close, the lessons I have learned and the skills I have attained remind me every day what a wonderful impact NAM has on young women across the country. This year alone I have made so many unforgettable memories like speaking on live television on behalf of the American Heart Association, volunteering at an international marathon to encourage living a healthy lifestyle, cooking spaghetti alongside my sister queens at the Ronald McDonald House and riding in a Lamborghini at the Detroit Auto show are only a few. At nationals, I became close to my five little sisters and made a new best friend all the way from Louisiana! To my sister queens; I am thankful for the bonds we have made and I am so proud of the women you all are becoming. To my successor; do not underestimate the role of an appointed title and the responsibility it requires. Good luck and enjoy! To the contestants; congratulations! Already you have accomplished so much and remember to have fun! To all; remember, dreams do come true if you believe!

XOXO
Makiah Huebner,

Miss Michigan






Comments

Popular Posts