Featuring Miss Illinois!








One last chance, to capture an ambition. One vision, one moment, and one dream that had yet to be accomplished. Given my last opportunity to compete with NAM, I ran with the hope of capturing a title that represented something much larger than me. With such a significant blessing, I was eager to capitalize on this remarkable journey. I yearned to empower children and young adults, along with being an advocate for the voiceless. Therefore, I partnered with the University of Illinois Extension Office and 4-H to package 13,392 meals for the food pantries in Clay, Effingham, Fayette, and Jasper counties. Also, I joined forces with the Clay County Animal Rescue and Shelter in order to walk the shelter animals, assist in Adopt-A-Pet benefits, and to ultimately raise awareness for the Rescue Shelter. I’ve also assisted in raising money for a local school by teaming up with Kiwanis and serving cotton candy. Additionally, I am an advocate for the Holt International Organization where I sponsor a young, ten year old girl from Ethiopia. And I made several appearances at local county fairs, pageants, and fall festivals around southern Illinois, providing me with the opportunity to speak to my hometown about National American Miss while also being a role model to those who’ve longed to chase larger than life dreams. Yet, none of this would have ever been accomplished if it weren’t for God leading me and the immaculate support from my family and friends. Thank you NAM for such a time as this. 






Comments

Popular Posts