Featuring Miss Oregon Jr. Teen!



Congratulations 2017 Oregon State finalists!! I can't wait to meet you all and get this fun filled pageant weekend started. My hope is that you all have a blast- meeting new friends, sharing quality time with your family, and trying something new.

My year as Miss Oregon Jr Teen has been a true blessing. My organization, Queen of the Jungle successfully raised an additional $6,000 for The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, bringing the current total raised to nearly $20,000. I was interviewed by several media outlets, speaking about the importance of youth volunteerism, as well as my role as the national youth ambassador for The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund. I was even able to talk about National American Miss and the impact it has made on my life over the last 10 years. My sister queens and I had a blast riding in the Beaverton Parade together. I also volunteered at The Ronald McDonald House, made sack lunches and delivered them to the homeless, took homemade dog treats to the Oregon Humane Society, and hosted a holiday toy drive. 

The national pageant in California was so much fun! I was able reunite with NAMily that I've met through the years I've competed at NAM. I had a great time hanging out with my sister queens at the car drawing, and I will never forget our tradition of having a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with friends at Mimi's. I was honored to be awarded 1st ru in Top Model, 2nd ru in Fashion Model, 2nd ru in Most Promising Model, and to have FINALLY attained my longtime goal of winning National Casual Wear Model!

I encourage all of you to set goals for yourself and never give up. After all, anything IS possible! I will never forget the past 10 years I've spent with NAM, or the people I've met along the way. Thank you for shaping me into the confident young woman I am today. My most important piece of advice is to always stay true to you and remember that it's not about the destination, it's about the journey. I can't wait to see where my journey takes me next!


    Best wishes,
2016 Miss Oregon Jr Teen Madeline Monlux    





Comments

Popular Posts