Featuring Miss Texas 2014!




Nine years ago, I stepped on the National American Miss stage for the very first time. I had no idea the impact that one weekend would have on my life. After years of hard work and patience, I was so humbled to finally be announced as the 2013 National American Miss Texas.

Immediately after being crowned, I started giving back to my community and promoting my platform of Cyberbullying Awareness. I volunteered for organizations such as the Boys and Girls Club, Special Olympics, Brazos Valley Food Bank, and Project Prom – just to name a few! In addition, I was invited to speak at numerous events about Cyberbullying Awareness, a cause very dear to my heart. I also rode in a few parades, attended National American Miss Open Calls, Training Sessions, and of course, Nationals in California! My third trip to NAM Nationals was nothing short of amazing. I met some beautiful and inspirational young women and spent quality time with my Texas sister queens.

As my reign ends, I have many people to thank. First and foremost, thank you to Steve and Kathleen Mayes and the entire NAM staff for establishing and running the best pageant system ever. National American Miss has formed me into the beautiful, confident young woman I am today and for that, I am forever grateful. To my sister queens, thanks for being bundles of joy and laughter! This year wouldn’t be nearly as special without each and every one of you. Peter, thank you for being so supportive and for giving me free photoshoots. Best boyfriend award goes to you! Mom, thank you for being my pack mule, chauffeur, chaperone, personal shopper, and biggest cheerleader. I appreciate every little thing you do for me even if I forget to say it. You will always be the “queen mother”.

Finally, to all the contestants, never ever give up on your dreams and know that you are beautiful inside and out, no matter the outcome on pageant weekend. Always remember that it’s not the crown that makes a queen. Have fun, try something new and take lots of pictures!

In Christ,
Robin Richards

2013 National American Miss Texas

Volunteering through out the community! 



At the NAM National Pageant!



Comments

Popular Posts