Featuring Miss Texas Jr. PreTeen and Our National American Miss Jr.PreTeen!







Howdy Girls!

I am Joey McDowell from The Woodlands, Texas.  I am your reigning South Texas Junior Pre-teen.  I can’t believe that a year has already flown by since I was crowned.  This year has been absolutely amazing, and I will cherish the memories forever!!!

After I was crowned, I was off to a fun-filled year!  I had the privilege of meeting the Chairman of The Woodlands where I said the Pledge of Allegiance at the town meeting.  My grandparents took me to see the capital of Texas.  I also had the wonderful opportunity to collect jeans for underprivileged children in our community which benefited Montgomery County Youth Services.  In addition, I have been blessed to know Ms. Carmen and Ms. Rose through Senior Grocery Delivery day.

I was so lucky to attend the National pageant where I saw old friends as well as making new ones.  NAM sure makes the National pageant a fun place to be over the holidays with the groovy 70’s party, Disneyland, the crazy-themed rehearsals, Hollywood tour, and so much more!!!  I won two National titles for Most Promising Model and Most Photogenic.  However, the icing on the cake was winning the National title for Miss Junior Pre-teen.  I had a terrific cheering section from all of our Texas representatives!  I think we outnumbered everyone!  After Nationals, I was fortunate to help NAM by working open calls and training sessions.  It was just a bonus to see my sister queens.

Recently, I had a blast with all of the South Texas Queens who got together for a photo shoot to cherish our time together as sisters.  It was so fun!!!

Thank you to all the NAM staff, choreographers, Ms. LaKishia, and Mr. & Mrs. Mayes.  I will never forget this experience!!!

When I first started competing in NAM, I wouldn’t even take a picture by myself.  NAM is about making friends for a lifetime, getting closer to your family and building confidence. I am here to tell you that NAM has made me a more confident girl.  I have made lifelong friendships through NAM.  I know you are a girl with dreams just like I am a girl with dreams.  I wish all of you luck and know that you will be more confident too after this pageant because YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

Love,

Joey McDowell





Comments

Popular Posts