Featuring Miss Texas Jr.PreTeen!





It’s hard to believe that one year ago, I was crowned National American Miss’ Central Texas Junior Pre-Teen!  It has been one of the most amazing blessings in my life!

Using this new platform, with the help of my family and the ministry of Healing Faith Uganda, I started the organization Nickels for Nets.  Through N4N, kids of all ages are encouraged to do chores and donate at least $5, the cost a life-saving mosquito net, to protect the kids and families in Uganda from contracting the deadly mosquito borne illness of malaria.  This past year, N4N was able to raise approximately $3,500 for a total of 700 mosquito nets!

I was blessed to be able to travel to Uganda Africa over spring break and hang the nets that all the kids working with N4N had donated!  I was able to meet so many African children and their families – and they were so grateful for all of the nets that kids in America had worked to give them!  This time of service and love to the Ugandan people was humbling – and it encouraged me to continue to raise needed funds for these life-saving nets.  To find out more about N4N, visit the Facebook page.

When you look back on your time competing, the things that stick out are the friendships and all the fun you have with these sweet girls.  My advice is to relax and enjoy every minute of every rehearsal and party and conversation you have.  Those are the moments that you will treasure!

Abby Stark












Comments

Popular Posts