Miss Ohio Pre-Teen Cover Girl has had an Amazing Year!



A little over a year ago my journey to becoming your National American Miss National Cover Model began with me simply going out in to my community to talk about NAM.  I wanted to tell others about NAM and how this organization has changed me and helped me to grow and come out of my shell. Who knew it would lead to my being crowned the Ohio Pre-Teen Cover Girl?  At my crowning I cried so much, because I was so excited and my good friend Lilly got to crown me, which made it even better!
As I prepared for Nationals I went out to obtain more advertising. During that time I also had the opportunity to meet up with local law enforcement officers to give them goody bags.  I also got to meet my state Representative Scott Lipps. Volunteering with Our Daily Bread to serve families a hot meal was so fun and truly rewarding.
I was so excited to head to Nationals and the fact that it was my first time flying made it even more memorable. My time in California was amazing – making new friends and attending all the themed rehearsals, getting to tour Hollywood and Disney with my sister queens was a blast!  The week was capped off with Thanksgiving and being crowned National Cover Model!  It was an experience I will always treasure!
I want to thank Mr. and Mrs. Mayes for this wonderful organization, you make dreams come true! The entire NAM staff work so hard to carry out that vision.  Thank you to mom & dad, nana & papa and everyone else for making this possible!  Love you!!
To my successor – work hard and be yourself and more than anything have fun! To all the girls here tonight – you are all winners whether you walk out with a crown or not, after all you made it this far!  And who knows where you will go after that!
So now, signing off - I am Lindsey Spofford, your 2016 Ohio Pre-Teen Cover Girl.






Comments

Popular Posts