It is a Top 5 Finish for Miss Ohio Pre-Teen 2016!


My journey began 4 years ago when I received an open call letter from NAM. I was just a 9 year old girl who was always willing to try new things. So I gave it a shot!  Little did I know that one piece of paper would change my life forever. Hearing my name called on stage last year and being crowned was such an amazing feeling. I knew then all my hard work and dedication had paid off.  I am truly honored to be your 2016 Miss Ohio Preteen.
Soon after receiving the title I started thinking about nationals! I was so excited to meet my NAMily and represent the great state of Ohio on the big stage. National’s week went by way too fast. My adventure in Hollywood was nothing less than amazing. I made lifelong friendships with so many wonderful girls and memories that I will cherish forever. Walking away as 2nd runner up was the icing on the cake! I could not have been more proud of myself.
I have spent the last year making a difference in my community through charity events and volunteering. I took part in raising money for Dayton Children’s Hospital, The Alzheimer’s Association, and The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America.  I volunteered at the local food bank, soup kitchen, and nursing home. I participated in the St. Bernard Memorial Day Parade/Ceremony in honor of our fallen heroes.  I’ve continued Megan’s Manicure for retired seniors, adding a little color in their lives.
My year has been incredible!  I am truly blessed to be part of such a wonderful organization that empowers girls to make a difference in the world. I have learned so many life lessons over the last 4 years. I am forever changed. I am PROUD!! I am STRONG!!                                                               I am CONFIDENT!!   I am Megan Frey your 2016 Miss Ohio Preteen.
 Best of luck to all of the girls competing. It’s your time to shine!! Remember, “A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear”. 


Comments

Popular Posts