Featuring Miss Ohio Princess!




As Walt Disney once said, “If you can dream it you can do it!”  Just one year ago, I was wondering what it would be like to participate in a pageant.  I was practicing an introduction, learning how to walk in a gown (that was hard for a 6 year old who never wore a long gown before) and getting excited about the upcoming Ohio state NAM pageant.  I had no idea at that time that my dream to someday be a National American Miss Princess Queen was about to come true!
On June 29, 2013 I was crowned the National American Miss Ohio Princess Queen.  From that day forward I have had one of the most exciting and rewarding years of my life!  I organized a Pet Supply Drive for a local animal rescue and raised over $600 and a truckload of food and pet supplies for homeless animals in my community!  I rode in the parade at the Ohio State fair with my Ohio sister Queens and I even got a chance to milk a cow! I received a letter from our Governor and participated in lots of other charity events and activates across our state representing National American Miss.  It was an honor.
   I had the opportunity to represent our state at Nationals in California.  It was a week that I will always remember.  From the parties, the optional competitions, the excitement of the actual pageant, the fun rehearsals (you should have seen my crazy hair photos) to the Hollywood tour and our group trip to Disneyland, I had so much fun! I met so many girls from all over the country and I still keep in touch with some of them!
    My year as the National American Miss Ohio Princess Queen has been the most inspiring and exciting year of my life.  I am honored to have had this opportunity.  Thank you to my family, my sister Queens, my NAMily, and all of my supporters.  This experience has changed me forever and I could not have done this without you!  To the next Ohio Princess Queen….hang on…you are in for the time of your life!  To all of the girls competing in the Ohio state pageant in July:  be yourself, really get to know the other girls during the pageant, and enjoy the memories you will make and remember…..if you dream it….you can do it!
Sincerely,
Katie Carson

Your 2013-2014 National American Miss Ohio Princess Queen











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts