Featuring Miss Ohio Jr. PreTeen!





Dear 2014 Contestants and Families:
It is crazy how your life can change in the blink of an eye. It was a dream come true when my name was announced as the 2013 National American Miss Ohio Jr. Pre-teen Queen. I stood there in shock for a minute until I realized that they really did call my name! It was an amazing moment that I will never forget.
As soon as I got back home I rode in the Fourth of July parades, made local appearances as a state queen, and helped with judging and crowning at a pageant at my county fair. I also attended the Ohio State Fair with my Sister Queens. We had a blast riding in the parade, eating junk food, and spending the day together. During my reign I was able to meet “Brutus” the Buckeye and spend the day with the Ohio State Cheerleaders. This was an awesome experience, because I hope to one day cheer at the Ohio State University.
I jumped right into volunteering for local organizations that hold a special place in my heart.  My best friend’s mom was diagnosed with breast cancer so I knew I wanted to donate my time and service to the Pam Shoemaker Foundation. This foundation helps those with cancer in my community by donating meals, gift cards and support.  I also came up with my own event, “Cheer for a Cure” with the help of two former Ohio State Cheerleaders. I held a cheer clinic and raised over $1000 for the Foundation. This event was such a success that I will continue it every year. It was a fun and special event and everyone had a blast! I also love animals so in my spare time I love volunteering at my local animal shelter.
Before I knew it my mom and I were off to Nationals in California. We had the best time spending the week with my Sister Queen Tori and her family. We had so much fun at Disneyland, playing on the beach and in Hollywood. I was so excited when I found Michael Jackson’s pink star! The week of Nationals was filled with new friendships and memories that will last a lifetime. It was an experience I will never forget.
There are so many people I would like to thank for supporting me and being part of this journey: My dad and my brother for all of their support, my mom who is my number one fan and takes care of everything for me, to the Pageant-Perfect Coaching Staff, especially Leigh and Kelsey, for helping me prepare to do my best , to my NAM Directors, Steve and Kathleen Mayes, for giving me an opportunity of a lifetime, and God for blessing me in so many ways. My Sister Queens, I love you all so much and I will treasure all the memories that we made together. I’m so thankful to have you all as sisters and friends for life.
To my successor, you are in for an amazing journey so hang on tight! I hope this year is as exciting for you as it has been for me. Remember to always believe in yourself and your dreams will come true.  Last, but not least, you’re never fully dresses without a smile, so smile and have fun!
Your 2013 Miss Ohio Jr Pre-teen.

Lili Smith













Comments

Popular Posts