In the Spotlight is Miss Florida Teen!



Just over 9 years ago I stepped onto this stage and began a journey that has forever changed my life. After starting my adventure with National American MIss here in Florida, my family and I moved to Ohio where I continued competing for 7 more years. Each time I stepped onto that the stage I became more confident and more empowered in who I was. Even though each time I competed it was never my time to capture the title, I still kept coming back because I knew i was gaining so much more than just a crown and sash.


However when I heard my name called as the new Miss Florida Teen, I was overcome with emotion. Less then 48 hours after being crowned I jumped on a plane for the Ohio state pageant. Being reunited with my Ohio girls and celebrating with my Namily was so special. celebrating with them was so much fun!


This year I've had so many incredible opportunities. From with the girls at the Orlando Rescue Mission, meeting with my local Congressman and chatted politics, worked with my organization, Confidence Counts, rode in many parades and was able to be Santa's helper. Yet the biggest honor was being able to thank countless men and women for their service and be a guest speaker on Fox News chief White House correspondent, Ed Henry's book tour!


Everything Ive been able to accomplish wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for my family always supported me. From the early hair and make sessions, driving me to all the open calls and never saying my dreams are too big. Thank you Sydney, Brie, Christine and of course my parents for all you do.


To my sister queens: Ella and Ayla i loved getting to attend open calls with you and always playing with those snapchat filters, Gabby you're like family and there's never a dull moment together, "trumpet forever"! Lexi your laughter is so contagious and i loved our random Disney dates. From our scavenger hunts around Disney, sleepovers, volunteering together and photoshoots. You all have made this year everything I always dreamed of. To Mr. and Mrs. Mayes thank you for giving us all this incredible opportunity and everything you've done.


To the girls standing backstage don't let this one night define who you are. For no matter what the results may be, use this as a stepping stone to accomplish your dreams. Always and forever I am your 2016 National American Miss Miss Florida Teen. Janae Marie Kinne






Comments

Popular Posts