Get to Know Miss New Jersey Teen!

Dear Contestants, Friends, and Family,
This past year has been unforgettable.  I still cannot believe just one year ago my dream came true and I was crowned your Miss New Jersey Teen 2016.  I’ve been blessed with so many opportunities and have met so many amazing and inspiring people not only this year, but throughout my journey with National American Miss.  
Throughout my year I had the opportunity to compete at Nationals in sunny California over Thanksgiving week with my beautiful sister queens and met so many other amazing NAM girls.  I also got to volunteer at many events such as carnivals, parades, food pantries, clothing drives, and many more.  One of my favorite things was getting to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House and cook with my sister queens.   I was lucky enough to be recognized by my mayor for all of my volunteer work with my NAM title.  I had the opportunity to emcee at a out of state pageant with my title.  We also got to represent NAM at a New Jersey Devils hockey game and a Trenton Thunder baseball game.  Throughout this year I also was fortunate enough to travel to a few state pageants and meet contestants from all over.
This year would not have been possible without my directors Steve and Kathleen Mayes and all of the amazing NAM staff.  Thank you for creating such an amazing organization that betters the lives of millions of girls.  National American Miss has truly shaped me to become the person I am today.  Thank you Mom and Dad for always supporting me in everything I do and always believing in me, even when my favorite thing to say was “just one more dress”.  
Good luck to all of the beautiful contestants!  Just be yourself and have fun this weekend.  Make memories and lots of friends and don’t forget to smile, this is your time to shine!  To the new New Jersey Teen, make every moment count, it goes by way too fast.  Take lots of pictures, travel a lot, and never take any moment for granted.  I can’t wait to meet you all this weekend!

Your Miss New Jersey Teen 2016,
Melissa Oakes






Comments

Popular Posts