Featuring Miss Florida Teen!



Hey Girls!

My name is Lexi Delgado and I'm so excited to be here with you this upcoming pageant weekend! Being your 2016 National American Miss Florida Junior Teen has been such a blessing and I'm so excited to see who the next lucky girl will be. Throughout my year of service, I've gotten the chance to work closely with the JDRF, an organization that funds Type 1 Diabetes, a disease that is near and dear to my heart. I've helped raise over a million dollars to fund a cure and I'm so excited to continue changing the lives of many who have been effected by this disease. Alongside this, I avidly perform at my local community theatre and entertain thousands of people of all ages, making my passion for theatre even greater! Without the help of National American Miss, I NEVER would've seen myself grow as a person and step out of my comfort zone. Before I became involved with NAM, I had stage fright and would hate speaking in front of people. I was always nervous of what people would think, but I have gained confidence with my involvement in pageantry and with NAM. Throughout my years with this beautiful organization, I've grown out of my shell and blossomed into a young woman with even bigger dreams.

To my friends and family, thank you so much for your support. I love all of you for always believing in me. You all inspire me to achieve greatness. To Mr. and Mrs. Mayes, thank you so much for creating such an amazing organization that fosters greatness in young girls and young woman. I am forever grateful to National American Miss and what it stands for.

To all the girls competing this weekend, please do not let the outcome of this weekend define who you are and how you feel about yourself. NEVER compare yourself to others, as that will only cause you to lose faith in yourself, and that's the most important thing you could ever learn. You are all beautiful in your own way and a crown and banner shouldn't be the only thing that makes you feel like a queen. Remember that if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask me, I am here to help.  Please stay true to yourself. Be true. Be you. Be YOU-tiful! Have fun and take lots of pictures; you will be creating memories for a lifetime to remember!


Love,

Your 2016 NAM Florida Jr. Teen, Lexi Delgado






Comments

Popular Posts