Featuring Miss Florida Jr. Teen!



I'm Aimee Short, your 2013 National American Miss Jr. Teen Florida. It had been my dream since 2008 to be Miss Florida and on July 15, 2013 I learned that dreams really do come true.

Throughout my reign I have done several appearances. I kicked off my year by visiting the Miss Sunshine State pageant on labor day weekend. In November I traveled to California to compete at nationals for the first time. I didn't feel disappointed not winning on my first try but I did feel joy coming back having made new friends and memories. In December I had the honor of being the grand marshal in my hometown’s Christmas parade. I also got to help out with open calls in January and I got to make a cool video with my sister queens, after we worked of course. In February I was a V.I.P. at the Miss UCF pageant which was pretty cool. In march I got to attend the call back sessions. I also got to meet with the governor. He signed one of my pictures. In July I attended the north Florida pageant. I got to hang with my sisters and see them give up their titles.

To all the contestants competing, always remember that its not about winning or losing. Its about discovering you for you and making new friends. The friends I've made throughout the years are now my sister queens, I couldn't have asked for better sisters.

Good Luck,

Aimee Short








Comments

Popular Posts