Featuring 2017 Miss Oregon Jr. Teen


A year ago I accomplished the title of National American Miss Oregon Jr.Teen! I was so excited that I was chosen to represent my beautiful state. Leading up to the state competition I worked so hard to prepare for the pageant. Long nights with my dad, hours practicing my introduction, and countless times practicing interview in the car. All of this hard work paid off in the end.

National American Miss has impacted my life in such a positive way. I started doing pageants when I was twelve and I started with NAM. I would have never thought that the shy twelve year old I was would turn into an empowering sixteen year old that I am today! Being a representative for National American Miss has taught me how to be an extraordinary woman in my community and how to represent myself. I feel if it wasn’t for NAM I would not be the girl I am today.

This year has been an absolute blast! I kicked off my year with my five beautiful sister queens and having appearances with them. We helped out at the Cascade Aids Project events, Ronald McDonald House, and participated in parades and photo shoots. I have created a special bond with my sisters and I am so blessed I was paired with them. The icing on the cake to my year was getting first runner up at the national competition. I know I made Oregon so proud!

National American Miss will always be my home, this organization has made me the wonderful girl I am and has changed so many young girls lives all over the country. I am truly thankful.

I know if it wasn’t for my amazing support system and family I couldn’t of accomplished my goals. I am thankful for all of them!

Signing off, I am your 2017 Miss Oregon Jr.Teen Shayla Montgomery!






Comments

Popular Posts