What an Awesome Year for Miss New York Jr. Teen!

My journey with NAM started very similarly to many others: a letter in the mail then an open call presentation. Ever since my first pageant with NAM in August of 2015, I had been determined to come back and win the crown. On August 14 of 2017, not only did i win the title of my (literal) dreams, but I also won so much more. 



NAM has afforded me with countless opportunities. Only days after being crowned, I cooked meals at the Ronald McDonald House with my new sister queens. I visited the NYC Fair and Miss Bronx Scholarship Pageant, volunteered at the Light the Night Walk, and travelled to California for the very first time!

I had loads of fun representing my home state with honor and pride at Nationals ‘17. I met some of the most inspiring, hardworking, dedicated, intelligent, and successful young women from across the country. There’s no price for an environment like that. After returning to NYC from Anaheim, I knew I had made lifelong friends.

My greatest accomplishment with my title has been starting The Queen Next Door with my sister queens Lauren and Cynthia, a website dedicated to uplifting girls through pageantry and changing the negative stereotype associated with it. Through this site, I have reached girls from all over the country and celebrated their achievements. I have promoted these ideas to over 1,100 students in the past year, and I can’t wait to continue to do so. (thequeennextdoor.wordpress.com)

To NAM: Thank you for giving me, and many others, these amazing opportunities. You have done so much to make the world a better place, and it wouldn’t be the same without you.

To my successor: Get ready to make great use of your crown. Your title can go as far as you make it, and it’ll go farthest when you have passion and a plan. Don’t take any moment for granted. Make loads of friends at nationals, as they’ll help you get far!

A huge thanks to my parents for allowing me to participate in the first place. You guys are my biggest supporters, and I wouldn’t have been able to do any of this without your love and guidance.

This isn’t goodbye, just see you later!

Signing off for the last time,
I am your 2017  Miss New York Jr. Teen, Jordan Sanchez






Comments

Popular Posts