What an awesome year for Miss Illinois Teen!



Dear NAM Girls,

I am your 2017 National American Miss Illinois Teen Rachel Hodson. I am so excited to meet you all soon! By being a NAM Girl, you have drive, passion, confidence, and courage. Just by participating in this pageant, you should be very proud of yourself. National American Miss has given me so many memories, friends, and skills that I will carry with me forever.

After earning my title last year, I spent my reign volunteering with my wonderful sister queens. What rewarding experiences we had together! We were able to impact so many lives by making blankets for preemie babies, baking cookies at Ronald McDonald House, and writing letters over the holidays for women in shelters. I personally worked to promote my foundation Rachel’s H.E.A.R.T (Helping Empower Adolescents through Reading and Tutoring). This year alone, I donated over five hundred books to an underfunded elementary school in Wauconda and hundreds of school supplies and hygiene products to Turning Point Women and Children’s Shelter, organized a book drive in my school district, where we collected almost two thousand books for Bernie’s Book Bank, and read to local children once a week. The most gratifying times were those we devoted to charity.

I am thrilled to meet all you amazing girls and learn about your passions and aspirations. I encourage you all to cherish every moment during pageant weekend and make lifelong friendships. I send hugs and wish you good luck in all your endeavors! 

Yours truly,

2017  Miss Illinois Teen Rachel Hodson











Comments

Popular Posts