Featuring Miss New Jersey Pre-Teen Skyy Hills







This year, hands down, is a year I will never forget for the rest of my life. It all started near the beginning of the year when a few friends told me about NAM. I got interested immediately but oh boy I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I was getting myself into something so much bigger than myself and it pushed me to be a better person and work my hardest at everything I do! This year has been a true blessing. From the second I was crowned to traveling all the way to California to represent my state! It all was amazing and something I'll never forget! I met so many girls from all across the country, and I am still friends with them today. NAM has opened my eyes to so many more opportunities throughout my community that has helped me leave a mark. Throughout my year I was able to work along side my beautiful sister queens in Susan G Koman walks, The Arc Walk, and so many more. And even by myself I was able to spend my time assisting horseback riding lessons for special needs at my local stable. All of these experiences built me up and also gave me so many things to learn from. Giving up my title is definitely going to be a bitter sweet moment but even if my sash says 2015, I will always be wearing it inside. I will always have the friendships, the memories, the laughs, the inside jokes, and every precious moment in between.
I want to thank so many people who made this year so amazing! First I want to thank my friends, who helped me along the way by always keeping me focused and giving me the motivation that I needed, no matter what. I want to thank my "fairy godmother" and not only a coach, but family. Thank you for all of the magical curls that manage to last hours upon hours without fail, the late night food runs, and everything in-between, I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough. And also thank you, to my family. Thank you for the support you all have for me, being my safety net along the crazy rollercoaster this year and thank you all for always being there for me. And not only family but most to my mom. Thank you to my rock, my shoulder to lean on, and above all, my best friend. Thank you for always knowing what I need even when I don't say it, thank you for never ever failing to be there for me, and never failing to have an extra hair tie. There are no words that can describe how thankful I am for everything you have done for me. Also, thank you to my amazing and caring national and state directors. Thank you so much Steve and Kathleen for providing me with everything I could need this year as queen, and for always answering any questions. You guys are absolutely amazing, thank you for everything.
And last but very far from least, to my successor. Hold onto your crown and adjust your new sash cause you're about to experience the best rollercoaster of your life. This year is going to open up so many new opportunities for you, big and small; take advantage of every last one. Just like William Arthur Ward says "Opportunities are like sunsets, if you wait too long, you miss them." And just like the thousands of goodbye speeches say, this year will go by in the blink of an eye. So take the every opportunity and take advantage of them before they are gone. Have FUN!!  Order about 12 frappes at Starbucks at nationals to have every hour of your day, try to go on every ride in Disney, and sing “Party in the USA” at the top of your lungs with your new friends on the Hollywood tour. Because it will get nerve wracking and intimidating throughout the year and you might get nervous, but remember to have fun and soak it all in. And even if your cheeks are sore and hurting, remember to take it all in and take those pictures because believe me, you're going to look at them all the time! And bottom line, be like a sponge. Soak every last moment in and don't let it slip, because it will go so much faster than you may think. And with that, I wish you all the best of luck in your year, and everything in between! And get ready, because this is going to be one of the best years of your life.
Good Luck,
Your Miss Jersey Pre-Teen Skyy Hills






Comments

Popular Posts