Take a look at Miss Ohio Pre-Teen Katylin Sweeney!





Dear State Finalists,


You are so lucky to be reading this letter because it means, at long last, pageant weekend is here! After weeks of preparation and hoping and dreaming, you are finally here, ready to do your best and shine at the state level. Congratulations!  

As excited as I am about this weekend, I am more excited about becoming your forever NAM sister. National American Miss teaches us many wonderful things such as having poise onstage, in front of a room full of strangers, and being able to go into a job interview and totally rock it. But the most important lesson shared by our sisterhood is the conviction that we are capable of achieving our dreams, whatever they might encompass.  We are girls who go for our goals, no dream is too big. As they say, "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

I am very honored and humbled to have represented this truly invincible group of young ladies this past year.  I’ve tired to use the title to connect, to learn and to represent you and NAM well.  Highlights include meeting the President of the Ohio State Senate, participating in two fashion shows, representing NAM at multiple parades, training over 400 little models to walk the runway with confidence and making some forever friends at the National Pageant in Anaheim, California! (go tri-state area!)

Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Mayes and the rest of the NAM staff for creating this pageant system which gives girls like me the self confidence to achieve our dreams. Thank you to my Mom and Dad, my biggest support system, for always being there for me when I need them and giving me the wings to fly and do the same. And finally infinite thanks to Almighty God, because without Him, none of us would be where we are today.

Much love and good luck!


Katylin Sweeney
2015 National American Miss Ohio Preteen






Comments

Popular Posts