Featuring Miss Ohio Jr. Teen Natalie Kellon!



Wow, is it that time already? One year ago I was blessed to be named the new National American Miss Ohio Jr. Teen. After eight amazing summers of spending my time with National American Miss my wildest dream became true. My journey began meeting the mayor of Shaker Heights, Earl Leiken and Staff Sergeant Akins. I promised to take every step to represent the great state of Ohio and National American Miss with the utmost respect. I was given the opportunity to be a guest judge for the National Basketball Association Cleveland Cavaliers Dance Team, where I judged the contestants on interview and dance technique. Worked with Replay to reconstruct toys for children that have motor skill disabilities. And participated in the Into The Light Walk held at Cleveland Metro Park Zoo for families that lost loved ones from suicide. I am also Girl Scout troop co-leader for troop 70204. And I visited Superior Elementary School in East Cleveland, Ohio to discuss with the girls about what it means to be successful. Traveling to the Illinois and Pennsylvania pageants gave me a chance to touch the lives and hearts of girls in neighboring states and make new friends before heading off to Nationals. Nationals was a week I will never forget. From all the themed rehearsals, the disco party, Hollywood Tour, car drawing, Thanksgiving dinner, and of course Disneyland; to meeting some of the most successful girls and their families from all across our great nation, I will cherish those memories forever. I was honored to receive third runner up in runway modeling. But after nationals my reign did not stop. I assisted awesome regional coordinators at three Open calls: Independence, North Canton, and Westlake and three Training sessions held in Columbus, North Canton, and Westlake. Along with my sister queens we shared an end of the year photoshoot to show our unity in diversity. All while surviving my junior year of high school as a member of the National Honor Society, a Link Crew Leader, and athlete. To the contestants, pageant weekend will be one of the best memories of your life, so have fun and take a lot of pictures! “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello”, with that being said, Thank you and goodbye, for the last time, I am your National American Miss Ohio Jr. Teen 2015 Natalie Kellon.



Comments

Popular Posts