What an Amazing Year for Miss New Jersey Princess!



One year ago, I took my very first steps on the NAM Stage. I would have never guessed I would be crowned your 2014-2015 National American Miss New Jersey Princess. When I heard my name called, I knew I won, but I didn’t really understand what I had just won. Yea, I knew I won lots of cool prizes, but I didn’t know what it meant to be your New Jersey Princess Queen. I mean hello, I was only 6! I don’t even think my mom knew what I just won.

Meeting my sister queens and their families for the very first time, will always be remembered and cherished. It was about a month after our crowning and about a week before my birthday and they surprised me with the American Girl Doll I wanted! Isabelle, the Girl of the year. At that very moment, I knew what the word “Namily” meant. My family just got bigger. My Sister Queens have been amazing role models and I couldn’t have chosen a better group of girls to experience my first year of pageantry with. Every time we are together, whether it is a fun event, dinner, or a community event, it’s guaranteed, going to be a great day. A day filled with lots of laughter and love. Oh and can’t forget pictures!

During my reign, I helped raise awareness and money for Breast Cancer at a Pink Gala Event and walked in the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Walk, partnered with the American Heart Association to help raise money and awareness for people who suffer from heart disease, made guest appearances at many local events, spoke to young girls about confidence and told them about my first pageant experience, and even appeared in a few parades with my sister queens. My sister queens and I also attended many open calls and trainings! I modeled in a fashion show benefiting orphans in the Dominican Republic and was a special VIP guest for Philly Kids Fashion Week, which benefited the Ronald McDonald House. Nam has helped me learn lifelong skills that will help me as I grow older, that I will forever cherish. I have enjoyed all of the opportunities given to me and I have NAM and their AMAZING staff to thank for that!

Contestants, HAVE FUN! Shake off all those butterflies and get ready to have a fabulous time! Take lots and lots of pictures! You are going to go home with friends and memories to last a lifetime! If this is your first time up on that stage, relax, smile and show us your confidence! I was in the same position as you; I stood on that very stage, with those same butterflies. Always remember though, YOU ARE ALL WINNERS! No matter who is crowned, YOU ARE A WINNER.

To my successor, continue to take lots and lots of pictures! Get ready for the ride of your life! Enjoy every single moment because it will be over before you know it!

Love Always,
2014-2015 National American Miss NJ Princess
Briyah Love Nobles






Comments

Popular Posts