A few words from the 2014 National American Miss Pennsylvania Melessie Clark


My year as your National American Miss Pennsylvania has been nothing short of amazing. After capturing the Teen title in 2012, I was so honored to represent my state for the second time as your 2014 Miss Pennsylvania Queen. I had such a wonderful time at Nationals in Anaheim, California where I was reunited with my sister queens and friends I have made throughout my years with NAM (aka my NAMily)! I was so honored to have won several awards, including the National American Miss National Actress and Talent titles. Topping off the exciting week, I placed 2nd Runner-Up to the National American Miss title! I surely made memories that will last a lifetime. National American Miss has provided me with many wonderful opportunities.
During my year of service, I had the privilege of singing the National Anthem at several prestigious events, including my alma mater’s annual Veteran’s Day ceremony. I continued to promote the importance of giving back by participating in my alma mater’s hip-hop dance team’s fundraiser, "Who Do You Dance For?" dance-a-thon, in which proceeds went to charities like the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I also had the opportunity to speak with young girls in my community about “true beauty” and chasing their dreams. I am so thankful to my friends and family who have supported my journey with NAM. This organization holds such a special place and my heart and has taught me that with passion, persistence, and prayer, anything is possible. Because of the confidence NAM has instilled in me, I will never cease to dream big!

Comments

Popular Posts