What an Amazing Year for Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen!




WOW!! I can’t believe it’s been a year since I was crowned the 2014 National America Miss North Texas Jr. Pre-Teen Division 1! I have had such an AMAZING year!
I was invited to meet the mayor of Tomball and was asked to start a city council meeting with the pledge of allegiance! It was such an honor.  That day I met so many people in my community that were so excited for me and looked forward to working with me. It wasn’t long before I was invited to be in city parades, participate in several ribbon cuttings for new local businesses and help out with TONS of fun events in my community. It was CRAZY BUSY but CRAZY FUN!!
I met so many businesses owners I decided to challenge them to help me make a difference, benefiting the Houston Food Bank. I challenged local business to collect as many nonperishable food items as possible in 24 days!  With their help I was able to donate over 1000 items to the Houston Food Bank.  It was INCREDIBLE!!
It was a true blessing to represent Texas at Nationals as Central Texas! I loved spending time with my family, going to Disneyland, Hollywood, and having a blast with my NAMaily during all the pageant events. During my week at nationals I was so excited to have been chosen to receive one of the few NAM “spirit sticks” passed out at rehearsals! I am proud to say I earned a National Cover Girl title, 1st Runner Up for Most Promising Model, 1st runner up Miss Spirited and a Spirit of America award.   At  NAM nationals I made memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
After nationals I was invited to help crown the new 2015 Miss. and Mrs. Wheelchair Texas Queens. It was such an amazing evening. I met so many beautiful young ladies and learned so much about the challenges some people face every day.
 I was excited to participate in open calls! Had a BLAST with my sister queens and enjoyed spreading the word of what an AMAZING organization National American Miss really is!
I am so grateful for so many people who have helped make my year the amazing year it was.
Being a part of the NAMily has been a highlight in my life.  The experience of being Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen has been remarkable! National American Miss has given me the confidence to try so many new things. It has taught me to set goals and work hard to reach them.  
For the contestants participating in the North Texas pageant, I want to welcome all of you to a fun-filled and exciting weekend.  Take this opportunity to meet new friends from all over our GREAT state of Texas. Remember to always SMILE and DREAM BIG. Best wishes and have a great time!
To my successor enjoy every moment of your time as Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen. Make a difference every day! Always make memories that will last a lifetime!
I am your 2014 Miss Texas Jr. Pre-teen, Kamryn Grice.









 

Comments

Popular Posts