Emily McNeal Miss Texas Pre-Teen has been an Amazing Role Model!





Words can't describe the amazing year I had as your 2014 Miss Texas Preteen! 

I had the time of my life volunteering and representing National American Miss. This year I volunteered at the D'Feet Breast Cancer event with some of my sister queens, a few of us worked at the Houston Food Bank together, I spent a rewarding day helping at the Beaumont Buddy Walk, and loved spending my time with the most amazing girls at Texas' Miss Amazing Pageant. I held a sock drive for a local women and children's shelter, I collected and donated art supplies for Texas Children's Hospital, Trick-or-Treated for canned goods to donate to the food bank, I worked with another sister queen at a HEB with their Tackle Hunger campaign, and I held a state wide blanket making event that benefitted cancer patients. I even read to kids at my old elementary school and talked to them about how important it is to be yourself. 

Nationals was a dream come true! It's an experience I'll never forget and I'm so glad to have met and spent time with so many of my sister queens from across the nation. I had the time of my life at Disney and on the Hollywood Tour!! I was so honored to take home an overall top 10 trophy, 2nd RU for Photogenic and and re-competing in the Spokesmodel competition and placing 4th RU!

After Nationals I almost couldn't wait to meet girls from all over the state of Texas at Open Calls and Training Sessions! I remember how special it was going to my Open Call and meeting a NAM queen. I dreamed that one day I would be there wearing the crown and banner, and that dream came true! I had fun taking pictures with the girls and getting to know some on Instagram. I loved talking to them, answering questions and sharing my excitement and experiences with NAM. I was also excited to get to share my heart for volunteering with them while we made blankets to give to Cancer patients. 

I really enjoyed going to other state pageants as Visiting Royalty and helping out! It was an honor to represent Texas and be with my NAMily from other states! 

I had the most amazing time with my sister queens this year! We have a bond that will never be broken. Spending time with them, having photo shoots, taking selfies with our selfie sticks, riding in parades, volunteering, and at NAM events was the most fun. I loved every moment with them; every picture we took and every goofy thing we did!

Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Mayes for creating an organization where girls can stretch themselves and grow into confident, equipped young women, all while being themselves. I also want to thank you for having amazing staff who really love their jobs and pass their infectious love of NAM on to others. I had a wonderful year; wearing a NAM crown and banner was a dream come true.

Thank you Mom, Dad, Ethan and Elliot for always supporting me and being on my team. I love y'all more than I can say! Thank you, God, for giving me this opportunity to show love and kindness while wearing a crown.

Throughout my reign I wanted to make sure girls learned you don't have to be a "grown-up" to make a difference. Volunteering is just, seeing a need, and responding. I agree with John Kennedy when he said, "One person can make a difference, and every one should try." So, Be a Fire Starter and volunteer in your community!

Emily McNeal, 2014 North Texas Preteen








Comments

Popular Posts