what an amazing year for Miss New york pre-teen!


“Dream Big”. A saying that I have been told throughout my 5 year career at National American Miss. It
was also these same two words that helped me to achieve the dream of becoming part of the NAM
royalty. In my room I have shelves full of my NAM trophies, with one shelf, the middle one, specifically
dedicated to my NAM Miss New York Preteen sash, crown, and banner. No matter what I was doing: Just
waking up, coming home after school, or even creating cards for my program A Card For A Smile, I
would sometimes casually glance at the trophy, and be overwhelmed with pride and gratitude. I would sit
there in awe of the trophy, thinking “Wow, I have really did this.” I will never forget the night of the
initial crowning, the night where I felt all of the feelings.
Throughout the feeling of awe, and shock, I continued to prepare for NAM nationals by practicing my
walks, speeches, and running through interview questions. NAM nationals would always be on my mind,
so much so that I had an image of the nam logo hanging on my vision board. I would practice every day
until the day when it was time to leave to go to California! It was a lot of fun going to all the parties,
rehearsals, and getting to know all the girls! I especially love that now, we still all keep in touch because
we’ve created an enormous group chat with all the NAM state queens! I was so excited to have the
opportunity to be standing up there on the nationals stage in California alongside some pretty awesome
girls, and staff members, and being able to standing up there in a state of shock after being called for the
top 10, was even more amazing.
NAM also introduced me to an aspect of my life that has now become a part of me… volunteering.
Volunteering has been such an imperative part of my journey with NAM, because I was not only
competing for myself, but I was also competing on behalf of the residents at my local nursing home, the
children at the ronald mcdonald house, and all those who had attended, or supported the walks that I
would volunteer at, and I hope that I’ve made them all proud.
I can honestly say, there is nothing that I would change about my reign, and that I am so excited to guide
my successor through her reign. I would also like to include a thanks to my mother, because without her, I
would have no one to get me to California, Practice interview questions with, or even to just be a person
that I can hug to help calm my nerves during the pageant weeks. Lastly, I hope to say in touch with all
NAM girls everywhere, through my instagram Hazel_Ron.
Love,
Hazel Ron






Comments

Popular Posts