What an Amazing Year for Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen Brooke Heath!



I had an amazing year as your Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen and am sad to see it coming to an end.  My time as a queen passed so quickly, but it has been nothing short of perfect. Soon it will be time to crown my successor and I’m so excited for her.  My title has allowed me to serve as a role model for other girls and this was one of the greatest honors I’ve ever had.  In doing so, I have become an active member of my community and met so many wonderful people.  I’ve learned that what may seem like a small gesture on my part, can certainly be so much more to someone else.
I began my year by volunteering with Lunches of Love, a group that serves lunches to deserving children.  I also walked for a cure with Susan G. Komen in honor of my Nana who passed away from breast cancer when I was very small.  I dumped ice cold water on my head to benefit ALS research and wore a red nose to fight childhood hunger. 
Last summer, I traveled to some other state pageants, including one in Dallas and New York.  In the fall, I had a fun filled photo shoot and also rode in a parade in Galveston with many of my sister queens.  Following that, I headed off to sunny California to attend Nationals.  I reunited with many of my friends across the country there and did my absolute best – I had a great time.  I returned home knowing I had represented Texas well and brought with me many trophies, some of which included: 4th runner up actress, 3rd runner up photogenic, 3rd runner up most promising model and 1st runner up best thank you note.  Lastly, this spring, I attended several open calls and training sessions where I met girls so enthused to begin their journey with NAM.  They are so lucky and have no idea how much this amazing pageant system will benefit them!
I must thank those that have contributed to making my year unforgettable.  The NAM staff is the best ever and will always have a special place in my heart.  My sister queens are NAMily to me and forever will be.  Last, but not least, my family; including my parents, sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins who I know have always supported me.  My sister Stephanie has taught me more than she or I can ever realize and is definitely my best friend.  My mom and dad continue to always be my biggest fans and bring out the best in me.  I can always hear them cheering for me when I’m on stage.
To all of you competing this year in NAM or even those just thinking about it – remember to always have fun and just be yourself – the rewards from that will automatically follow.  A huge smile on your face and a friendly attitude can never be overlooked and will benefit you well beyond pageant weekend.  
Good luck and God Bless! 
I am and forever will be your 2014 Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen,

Brooke Heath












Comments

Popular Posts