Skip to main content

What an Amazing Year for Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen Brooke Heath!



I had an amazing year as your Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen and am sad to see it coming to an end.  My time as a queen passed so quickly, but it has been nothing short of perfect. Soon it will be time to crown my successor and I’m so excited for her.  My title has allowed me to serve as a role model for other girls and this was one of the greatest honors I’ve ever had.  In doing so, I have become an active member of my community and met so many wonderful people.  I’ve learned that what may seem like a small gesture on my part, can certainly be so much more to someone else.
I began my year by volunteering with Lunches of Love, a group that serves lunches to deserving children.  I also walked for a cure with Susan G. Komen in honor of my Nana who passed away from breast cancer when I was very small.  I dumped ice cold water on my head to benefit ALS research and wore a red nose to fight childhood hunger. 
Last summer, I traveled to some other state pageants, including one in Dallas and New York.  In the fall, I had a fun filled photo shoot and also rode in a parade in Galveston with many of my sister queens.  Following that, I headed off to sunny California to attend Nationals.  I reunited with many of my friends across the country there and did my absolute best – I had a great time.  I returned home knowing I had represented Texas well and brought with me many trophies, some of which included: 4th runner up actress, 3rd runner up photogenic, 3rd runner up most promising model and 1st runner up best thank you note.  Lastly, this spring, I attended several open calls and training sessions where I met girls so enthused to begin their journey with NAM.  They are so lucky and have no idea how much this amazing pageant system will benefit them!
I must thank those that have contributed to making my year unforgettable.  The NAM staff is the best ever and will always have a special place in my heart.  My sister queens are NAMily to me and forever will be.  Last, but not least, my family; including my parents, sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins who I know have always supported me.  My sister Stephanie has taught me more than she or I can ever realize and is definitely my best friend.  My mom and dad continue to always be my biggest fans and bring out the best in me.  I can always hear them cheering for me when I’m on stage.
To all of you competing this year in NAM or even those just thinking about it – remember to always have fun and just be yourself – the rewards from that will automatically follow.  A huge smile on your face and a friendly attitude can never be overlooked and will benefit you well beyond pageant weekend.  
Good luck and God Bless! 
I am and forever will be your 2014 Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen,

Brooke Heath












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Amazing Year for Miss Florida Jr. Pre-Teen!

It has been an incredible year for me my dream came true I was crowned miss Florida Jr. Preteen queen.I will never forget that moment when they were about to call the queen they had one spot left and I was shaking, all of the sudden they say your new queen is Danielle Cohn.My dream had finally came true, it was my 3rd year I went from 4th runner up to 2nd runner up to queen.I never gave up I came back every year more prepared.Being crowned Miss Florida was a dream come true.I gain a crown and I became a titleholder for my State.I have served my community and became a role model for other young girls.Best part was using my title to help out the children miracle hospital by making teddy bears and bringing them gifts on the holidays.
Then it was time for nationals in Anaheim California were I had the time of my life.I meet so many amazing queens from other states that I have gained amazing friendships with.I was able to go to Disneyland and walk the streets of Hollywood it was an amazin…

Ten Need to Know Tips for The Personal Introduction Competition!

The goal of personal intro is to equip you with public speaking skills.  Figuring out just what to say can be fun and challenging.  So lets break it down!
What is Required ? 
For NAM you must say the following: 1.) Your name 2.) Your Hometown (where you currently reside) 3.) What you want to be when you grow you up and/or something interesting about yourself.  It is as easy 1, 2, 3!
Can you add more to your personal introduction? The is answer is ABSOLUTELY!
You want to the tell judges and audience about you and all of your exciting hobbies and ambitions! You can share what activities you are involved in, what organizations you volunteer with and if you have won any cool awards. This is your time to stand out and show everyone how confident you are. Now here is the biggest hint of all....
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAY...IT'S HOW YOU SAY IT!
The judges are not so much concerned if you tell them you like soccer over basketball. They are looking at your communication skills. You want to spe…

Get to know The 2016-2017 National American Miss Princess Teri Lynlee Staggs!

NAM: Tell us about yourself: Teri Lynlee: I am a six year old first grader at Mt. Pleasant Elementary. I love to sing, dance, play piano and act. Im the only girl of four children in my family.
NAM: What activities are you involved in? Teri Lynlee: I play basketball, softball, and piano. I enjoy the arts and I am involved in helping The Family Center in Columbia, TN. and I am currently teaming up with the National Brain Tumor Association to plan a fundraiser to aid in research.
NAM: What are your plans for the future? Teri Lynlee: I want to be an All-star Basketball Player, and pursue my passion for singing and acting. After graduating college I want to be an art teacher or gym teacher.
NAM: How would your friends describe you? Teri Lynlee: My friends would describe me as funny, sweet, and sassy… And they would definitely say I tell the best knock knock jokes.


NAM: What motto or quote best describes you? Teri Lynlee: Dream Big Princess because I never want To stop dreaming.
NAM: What is th…