The 2012-2013 National American Miss Hoang-Kim Cung,Gives Encouraging Words to Future Contestants!







Dear Contestants, 

It is hard to put words the effect National American Miss has had on my life. If I had to choose a quote that’s kept me motivated and determined it would be, “Success is not final and failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.” Even though I had won my first state title of Miss Texas Junior TeenSMon my third try, I still had a lot to learn. Through the years, I have learned to be bold, courageous, and fearless. 

Being the reigning National American Miss has given me the chance to use my voice to positively impact the world – whether it’s through my upcoming concert fundraiser for Vietnam Veterans’ Forgotten Children or social media where I can personally converse with girls who look up to me. My year has been filled with countless appearances around the country, but nothing is more priceless than seeing girls’ faces light up from the confidence they gain or belief they have in themselves after a quick chat or photo with me. 

My individual success wouldn’t have been possible without a team. My deepest gratitude goes to my family for their sacrifices and unconditional love. To my bestest friends and my other half, thank you for always telling me I’m powerful. To the best hair and makeup team, Austin Ryde and Kara Knudsen, thank you for making me look absolutely flawless during Nationals. I couldn’t have asked for more a more charismatic, kind, and witty team to doll me up! 

The growth I’ve experienced through NAM has helped me hone my skills as a reporter and anchor, prepare me for any obstacles I will face and I’m committed to making my dreams of becoming a morning news anchor a reality. 

To all the contestants and my successor, my journey to this crown was just that: a journey. It takes dedication and perseverance to tread forward when doors close. Never stop chasing your dreams and remember, success is not final and failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. 

I will always and forever be your National American Miss TexasSM 2012, Hoang-Kim Cung.

Speaking at NAM Open Calls!

Making an official appearance!

Family!

Volunteering 

Volunteering with Sherri Hill 

Walking the Runway for a good cause!

Embracing my culture! 




Comments

Popular Posts