Featuring Miss Texas 2019!

 

After 10 years, I can’t believe my time to say goodbye has come. I began my journey with National American Miss in 2010 when I competed as a Junior Teen; I didn’t make the top 15, but I left with a fire to continue bettering myself. I thought my time at NAM was done when I aged out 5 years ago, but little did I know, I’d have one last chance at a state title when the age limit was raised last year. To say I was excited when I found out I had won the title of 2019 Miss Texas is an understatement. 

Throughout my year I’ve had so many opportunities to make a difference. I was able to donate supplies to The Boys & Girls Club, raise money for the Alzheimer’s Association in honor of my grandfather, and spread my platform “I Am More” by volunteering weekly with the Girls Empowerment Network. 

At Nationals I was honored to place Top 5 in the Photogenic and Spokesmodel competitions! I also made so many amazing friends and my Namily grew exponentially with all my new sister queens.

National American Miss has helped make me into the woman I am today. A woman who knows how to make her dreams into a reality, and a woman who finds joy in inspiring others. While this may be my farewell to competing at NAM, I will forever keep the lessons I learned here in my heart, and I will always be a NAM Girl. 

For the last time, 

I am your 2019 National American Miss Texas,

Rachel James




Comments

Popular Posts