What an Awesome Year for The 2017 Miss Texas Princess!


Wow! I cannot believe my year as 2017 Miss South Texas Princess is coming to an end.  It is hard to believe that one year ago I was standing on the stage smiling big when I heard my name called and the crown was placed on my head.  I was so happy that I had tears running down my face. I have had the most amazing year filled with new experiences. I made incredible memories that I will never forgot.
Not long after winning, my hometown was flooded by Hurricane Harvey.  My house was one of the only houses in my neighborhood that did not flood.  It was so sad seeing all my friends and neighbors working hard in their homes tearing out everything the water damaged.  I wanted to help, so I put together some snack bags.  I brought many smiles and tears to faces as I delivered snacks and drinks to people working in their homes. 
A few short months later my Mom, Nana and I were on plane flying to California to represent my great state of Texas at the national pageant.  I had no idea how many new friends and memories I would make.  I had so much fun at all the themed rehearsals and parties. I was honored to win a spirit stick at one of the rehearsals along with my new pageant BFF, Bailey. I will never forget the Hollywood tour, beautiful California beach and Disneyland.
I am forever thankful to everyone who has made this year amazing.  To my Mom and Dad for always supporting me in everything I do and loving me with all your heart.  Nana and Pawpaw, I cannot believe that I am so lucky to have the best grandparents a girl could dream of.  I know it is not easy being a brother of a pageant girl, but I have to say my big brother Kylar, and little brother Kasen are my number one fans.  Mrs. Alexis has taught me so much and always makes sure I am perfect and ready to hit the stage.  I cannot say enough kind words about the entire National American Miss staff.
This year has truly been life changing and beyond amazing.  I have created new friendships thru National American Miss that will last a lifetime.  I am truly blessed to call these girls my sister queens.  I have gained self confidence and respect for others thru this experience.  It has helped shape me into a loving and caring young lady, one who is ready to make a positive difference in this world. 
Hugs and Kisses from your 2017 Miss South Texas Princess, Kynlee Vasquez.














Comments

Popular Posts