We are so proud of Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen Mya Blondell Johnson!


Dreams Really Do Come True

One year ago, I was crowned your 2017 National American Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen. My dream of becoming Texas Royalty had come true.  It was amazing!

Today, I welcome you and say, congratulations on becoming a State Finalist!  You’re already a winner!  I’m sure you are feeling a bit nervous about competing and that’s okay.  Once you arrive, the butterflies will slow down!  I promise!  Right from the start you will see that everyone is so very friendly and helpful.

NAM encourages every girl to set personal goals and provides support for you to achieve your goals.  You will enjoy every rehearsal and your confidence will grow. The message that you will hear most during pageant weekend is, Have fun and make friends! Be sure to make a lot of memories, take a lot of pictures and know that the friendships that you make can last a lifetime.

This is your moment to shine!  Be confident! Take hold of this opportunity, show yourself and just be you!  Never give up!  I’m glad I didn’t.

In November, I attended the National Pageant in Anaheim, CA and I ranked Top 10 in the Nation.  It was an experience of a lifetime. I enjoyed Disneyland with my sisters from all around the nation and sharing Thanksgiving dinner with my NAMily. 

Being your Miss Texas has been a blessing and in return, I have been able to bless others.  Immediately after being crowned, I got straight to work with my program, Super Smiles with Mya and Charlie - teaching parents and children about good oral hygiene with my puppet, Charlie. Most recently, I presented to more than 80 students at the Boys and Girls Club.

During my reign, Texas experienced the effects of Hurricane Harvey. I helped to collect $87K worth of gift cards and cases of water - enough to fill more than 5 semi-trucks! I also volunteered with Faith Runs Deep 5K, to raise funds for evacuees and collected school supplies for NAMserves Relief Project.

My friends and I supported Samaritan’s Purse by packing Christmas shoeboxes for children. I assisted Agora Ministries by going door-to-door to reach families and helped set-up 20K Easter eggs! I represented NAM in many parades, including: Poteet Texas Strawberry Festival Parade, City of Helotes Lighted Christmas Parade and the King William Parade - celebrating San Antonio’s Tri-Centennial and Fiesta.

During the 2018 open-calls and training, I was able to inspire more than 400 girls and families.  I am so very thankful that NAM gave me this opportunity.

This is the moment where this chapter ends but it is just the beginning of the next. I know you will have lots of fun.  Make this moment special because it is your time to Shine!

Signing off,

Your 2017 Miss Texas Jr. Pre-Teen, Mya Blondell Johnson

















Comments

Popular Posts