Featuring National American Miss Teen Michaela Jacobs!





I am Michaela Jacobs! However, as of July 5, 2015, I became known as Miss Florida Teen 2015! I am a recent high school graduate, an avid bibliophile, a seeker of new opportunities, and a lover of adventure. My most recent adventure being an indescribable year of service as not only the National American Miss Florida Teen but also the 2015-2016 National American Miss Teen! Having never competed in a pageant of any type before last summer’s state competition, when my name was announced as the 2015 Miss Florida Teen, I knew I was in for a wild ride. Throughout my year of reign, I have continued my volunteer work with the Ronald McDonald House of Northwest Florida, I have spoken with a plethora of school groups about the importance of dreaming BIG and working relentlessly to achieve your goals. I have met with a great number of my state and city political leaders to share the incredible work that the National American Miss Pageant has done in my life and continues to do in the lives of young women across our country. In addition, I was able to ride in parades across the Gulf Coast with my beautiful sister queens and make memories I will cherish for a lifetime. Competing at the National Pageant in Anaheim, California was truly a dream come true. Claiming the coveted National Teen title was truly “icing on the cake,” as I was able to leave Nationals refreshed and inspired by each of my fellow Teen State Queens, two of whom grew to be dear friends of mine and were even crazy enough to fly to the Sunshine State for a weekend to attend my senior prom! (‪#‎INandOHtakeFL‬ !!!!) My year has been composed of memories upon cherished memories. It truly takes a village, and to everyone who has been a part of mine, the crown I wear is yours. This is not the end of my story, but rather the close of a beautiful chapter.
To each contestant as you plunge into competition this weekend, know your intrinsic value. The crown and banner one lady will walk away with does not define her. Do not believe for a moment that it will define you. You are beautiful. You are exceptional. You are daring and brave. You are worth it. You truly are National American Miss! I cannot wait to PARTY with each of you! Get ready for the weekend of your lives! Have a camera ready, you will want to document every second! I love each of you already!!! 
To the precious parents of each competitor, thank you for believing in your daughters. Although they might make you want to pull your hair out at times this weekend (I know my mom might have… Haha!), cherish each moment with them. This is their time to truly shine and embrace their individuality. Most will be heading off to college soon, these are moments you will remember long after they have left your side… Thank you parents for allowing your daughters to take part in Pageant Weekend! 
My best wishes go out to each of you, girlies! Good luck!

With all of the ‪#‎NAMnfl‬ love!!!
Michaela Jacobs 
Miss Florida Teen 2015
National American Miss Teen 2015-2016












Comments

Popular Posts