Featuring Miss Florida Pre-Teen Alexa Johnson



There were only two of us left on stage. My heart was pounding and my legs were weak. Then it happened. I heard my name, Alexa Johnsen, announced as the winner. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as the beautiful crown was put on my head and the banner draped over my shoulder. I couldn’t believe it. My dream had come true. I was the new Miss Florida Pre-Teen! 

Throughout my reign, I have done so many fun and exciting things and met so many wonderful people. Competing in nationals tops the list. What an incredible experience. I learned so much about myself during that exciting, exhausting, fun-filled, stressful, fabulous week! I have been in parades, spoken to rotary groups and my school about my platform, plastic marine debris and celebrated literacy week by reading to kindergarteners. And, one of the very best things that has happened this year, is that as an only child, I can finally say I have sisters – my fabulous sister queens! Our bond will never be broken.
As this year comes to an end, I’m filled with gratitude for the love and support I received throughout this incredible journey. I’d like to especially thank my mom and dad for their never-ending love, support and guidance. Without them, this dream would not have been possible. I’d also like to thank Miss LaLishia for being the best director ever. She added the magic to my reign. And finally, I’d like to thank my friends and ‘NAMily’ for helping me believe in myself. I have had the time of my life!

Alexa Johnsen
Miss Florida Pre-Teen 2015






Comments

Popular Posts