Featuring Miss Pennsylvania Pre-Teen!



A dream three years in the making came true when I was crowned the 2014 Miss Pennsylvania Pre-Teen. During my year of service, I have had the opportunity to give back to my community in so many ways. My year of service began with donating school supplies to the Norwin Rotary Backpack Program, which provides needy students with materials for the school year. I then visited Pittsburgh Children's Hospital, spending time with children in the playroom. Next was able to volunteer at the Mount Pleasant Glass and Ethnic Festival with Queens for a Cause, making over girls and boys into "sparkle princesses" and "army soldiers". 
Twice I served Ronald McDonald House Charities, working with my sister queens to clean the playroom at the Hershey facility and running in the Pittsburgh facility's 5k Color Run. In addition to those opportunities, I volunteered at The Reflections of Grace Foundation's Race for Grace, a charity near and dear to my community, which raises money for pediatric brain cancer patients' families and research. 
During my year of service I was able to make appearances at several community parades and special events. At NAM nationals, I proudly represented Pennsylvania making so many great friends. I have loved every moment of this experience and I'm so thankful for the opportunities with which I have been blessed. I will carry the confidence and poise I have gained as Miss Pennsylvania Pre-Teen with me into every new experience. Thank you, National American Miss, especially Sandy and Nicole and all of team Palmgren, for this amazing opportunity.
Love,
Pilar Swankler
2014 Miss Pennsylvania Pre-Teen

Comments

Popular Posts