Featuring Miss Florida!




This past year as the National American Miss Florida Queen has been such a dream come true! I’ve been so blessed to be a part of the NAM system for nine years now and this organization, without a doubt, had helped mold and shape me into the woman I am today. I’ve been blessed enough to hold three state titles with NAM and along the way, I have met some incredible people have changed my life.
The opportunity to serve my community with my title has been such a humbling experience. Over the course of my time with NAM, I’ve served with the American Heart Association, Best Buddies, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the Literacy Coalition of Palm Beach County, the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, and many more. It’s a privilege to give back and having NAM as my stepping stone for service had been a tremendous honor.
The laughs, memories, and friends I have amassed over my years with NAM are things I will cherish forever. I can honestly say I have a friend in almost every state and my NAMily is something I wouldn’t trade for the world. My sister queens over the years are some of the brightest and most talented young women I’ve ever had the pleasure of being in the presence of.
I could not have had such an amazing reigning year or journey with NAM without the love and support of my friends and family. They’ve had such a big impact in my life and I wouldn’t be where I am without such an amazing team behind me.
Steve and Kathleen Mayes, LaKishia Edwards, Matt Leverton, and the numerous NAM staff and choreographers have honestly made my NAM experience what is was. They are the most loving and genuine people, who have a true passion and zeal for this organization that is unprecedented and insurmountable. The life skills that are taken from the experience of competing in NAM are simply incomparable and I, along with so many other amazing young women from across the county, have benefited from the dedication of this organization immensely. So much goes into making this system what it is and I want to thank all of these incredible people from the bottom of my heart for not only helping to make my dreams come true, but also, the dreams of so many young women across the nation.
I pray that my successor has the most amazing experience being a titleholder and representing the great state of Florida. She is going to have an incredible year serving her community and making memories to last her a lifetime; I couldn’t be more excited for this lucky young lady.
It’s been an astonishing ride with some amazing people and I thank my Lord and Savior for allowing me the blessing of being a part of this organization.
National American Miss Florida 2013

Ashlhea Michaelle Louis













Comments

Popular Posts