Take a look at The 2010 National American Miss New Jersey Teen



WOW! Has it been a year already? I can’t believe that I was standing on stage in Nashville hand in hand with Miss New Hampshire waiting for my dreams to take off! This incredible year has been filled with numerous appearances, modeling opportunities, volunteer service, and FUN! Words cannot describe the amazing people I met and places I visited throughout my reign.
My year as Miss New Jersey 2010 has been rewarding and spectacular to say the least. I have worked closely with the American Heart Association by assisting at their Annual Have a Heart Ball and collecting signatures to help pass the Child
Obesity Act. In addition I helped to build a house in Newark, NJ with the Habitat for Humanity Organization. Who knew a pageant girl could kick off her heels and learn how to use a power table saw! Some of my additional volunteer activities included organizing a fashion show to collect dresses for underprivileged children called Becca’s Closet, judging the Next Level Youth Pageant, attending National IHOP Day for the Children’s Miracle Network, and volunteering at the Wellness Carnival for the Special Olympics.
Of course my reign extended far beyond community service! I was able to get together with my town mayor and attend numerous pageants as visiting royalty. In addition, I met Miss America 2011 Teresa Scanlan! I was even able to grace the pages of Supermodels Unlimited Magazine and walk in a charity fashion show in Charlotte, North Carolina. 
I know in the end the crown may rust and the sash may fade, but the friendships and memories made will last a lifetime! With the crown I was able to inspire and lead the youth of my great state of New Jersey and become a spokeswoman for young girls everywhere! My National American Miss journey has been remarkable and I thank everyone for making my year as Miss New Jersey Teen 2010-2011 so special!
Best of luck to the 2011 contestants! You all made it here for a reason…because you are simple the best! Although only one girl will walk away with the crown, know that just by entering you have already shown your confidence and that you walk away a winner!
All My Love and Blessings,
Melissa Hoffman
National American Miss New Jersey Teen 2010-2011




Comments

Popular Posts