Meet The 2010-2011 National All-American Miss Teen Alexandra Curtis !

 
Tiffany: What was your first reaction when you won your national title?
Alexandra: I was so relieved! I was 1st runner up, and then 2nd runner up at Nationals. I was also first runner up at my state pageant 2 years in a row, so the stakes got higher and higher with each pageant. I was so incredibly relieved to finally be called as the winner. This was my very last shot at a title in the teen division, so my 5-year dream of being crowned finally came true!

Tiffany: How did you prepare for nationals?
Alexandra: I went over Interview questions so I would be able to  handle anything the judges could ask. I also wrote a new personal introduction, found a brightly-colored business suit that would 'pop' on stage and found the dress that made me feel like a queen! 
 

Tiffany: How did you get involved in NAM ?
Alexandra: A brochure for the pageant came in the mail. It caught my eye since I had recently started to get modeling and acting work. My mom allowed me to enter, provided I compete in the spokesmodel competition - she wanted me to have public speaking experience before high school. After my first pageant, I knew NAM was an amazing organization that would give me the skills I would need to accomplish all my dreams.

Tiffany: What do you want to do in the future?
Alexandra:I am currently studying to become a political news analyst and I would love to one day hold public office.
 

Tiffany:What do you like to do for fun?
Alexandra: I love to travel, shop, and hang out with my friends. I also love filming and editing videos.

Tiffany: What activities are you involved in?
Alexandra: I am very involved in student government at Syracuse University. I am the class council president and I work on several committies. I also am very involved in a campus bible study.
 

Tiffany:What is your best quality ?
Alexandra:I have always been told that I have a very strong belief in myself. I always thought that everyone had a strong belief in themselves. Over the years I have come to find out that not everyone does. This makes me want to help others see that they accomplish so much just by believing in their abilities.

Tiffany:How would your friends describe you?
Alexandra:I think they would say they can count on me to be a true friend, they would also say I'm ridiculously organized to the point where most of them have had me clean their room with them, and I'm definitely the biggest goof in our group and Im always doing something to get laughs.
 

Tiffany: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Alexandra: I love J Crew, Vera Bradley, and Nordstrom.

Tiffany: Finish this sentence: People would be surprised to know...
Alexandra: In high school I was a lacrosse goalie for the number one team in California. Everyone had this image of me as a pageant girl and a cheerleader but then I would show up to school after games and be covered in bruises from blocking goals. It was always surprising for people to realize I love to gear up in a chest pad, helmet and full leg guards as much as I love putting on my heels, eyelashes and pageant gown.
 

Tiffany: What is your favorite childhood memory ?
Alexandra:When I was in 4th grade I got to Interview Hilary Duff on my dads news show, it was when I realized I wanted to be in broadcasting.

Tiffany: What is your most embarrassing moment?
Alexandra:When I was 3 I knocked over a huge display of bug repellent in a grocery store and a man with really long hair came to clean it up. My dad told me to say sorry to the man for cleaning up my mess and I screamed "Daddy that's not a man! Thats a lady!" I continued to scream that until my dad finally pulled me out of the store and told me it was a man with really long hair. My dad tells everyone that story and insists that it will be told at my wedding one day!


Tiffany: If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?
Alexandra: I would wish for a scholarship to help me finish my college education, get admitted to my top choice for graduate school, and then to live out my dreams!

Tiffany: If you could trade places with anyone for a day who would it be?
Alexandra: I would trade places with an international journalist. I think it would be exhilarating to be immersed in another culture while reporting!
 
 

Tiffany: If I gave you 1 million dollars what is the first thing you would buy?
Alexandra: I would buy a car!

Tiffany: What is your favorite quote?
Alexandra: "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are probably right."
 

Tiffany: What is your all time favorite movie?
Alexandra: My all time favorite movie is Mrs.Doubtfire, I first saw this movie when I moved to California when I was young and I have loved it ever sense. I have a copy of it in my dorm room because it reminds me of being home.

Tiffany: What is your most prized possession?
Alexandra: My crown has become my most prized possession because its a constant reminder of setting a goal for myself and watching it manifest over the span of several years. I have learned so much about myself and what it means to work towards a dream through my time with NAM and I can apply the same drive to my academic goals and career goals!
 

Tiffany: What is your favorite book?
Alexandra: I love "The Outliers" if everyone read this book I believe human potential would become vastly more realized.

Tiffany: Who is your role model ?
Alexandra: I really admire Megyn Kelly from FOX News. Not only did she go to Syracuse University like me but she is a brilliant woman and a sharp political analyst. I would love to have her job! It’s empowering to see someone who at one point was at the same place and in the same program as me who has achieved the things I dream of doing.
 

Tiffany: If you could star on any TV show what would it be?
Alexandra: I would love to be on Saturday Night Live because I love doing impressions of people and playing really funny characters.

Tiffany: What do you hope to accomplish as The 2010-2011 National All-American Miss Teen ?
Alexandra: I hope to bring a lot of attention to my JDRF and Food bank platforms so that they both have very successful fundraising seasons. I also hope to make contacts that will help me with my career goals.


Tiffany:What is the biggest misconception about your generation?
Alexandra: I think the biggest misconception is that we don’t care about whats going on in the world and how politics and world events now will shape our lives in the future. While I think this has been true in the past I believe that my generation is becoming more aware and involved with following and caring about whats happening in the world around us and I think a lot of this has been able to happen through the use of social media.

Tiffany: If you had to pick between your cell phone, computer or TV what would you pick?
Alexandra:I would pick my computer because I can do so much more with it!


Tiffany: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Alexandra: Never give up! Never giving up has got me to where I am today in so many different areas of my life and I will continue to push myself towards my goals!

Tiffany: What is your favorite subject in school? and least?
Alexandra: My favorite subjects are government and Spanish. My least favorite is math.


Tiffany: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Alexandra: I would definitely have Sushi!

Tiffany: What makes you unique ?
Alexandra: I am unique because I don't worry about 'fitting in' and I feel comfortable being my self.

Tiffany:What advice do you have for any girls thinking about entering NAM?
Alexandra: Realize you will meet some of your best friends ever at NAM, so be friendly to everyone. Also realize you will develop life skills that will make you a winner regardless of whether you win the pageant. Be ready to have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts