Meet The 09-10 National All-American Miss Teen Shannon Smith

It's time to get the inside scoop on the 2009-2010 National All-American Miss Teen Shannon Smith !!! Shannon comes to us from the LoneStar state and has HUGE plans for her future, lets watch Shannon chase her dreams while staying true to her Texas roots !!!


A word from Shannon:
My Name is Shannon Smith and I am 18 years old from Fulshear, Texas (right outside of Houston). I am the daughter of Eric and Holly Smith and I have an older sister, Ashley. I love cheerleading and have been cheering since 6th grade. I hope to one-day cheer at college. I am a freshman at Baylor University majoring in business with plans to use my degree and love of traveling to one day open and manage my very own resort or hotel. I’m obsessed with traveling and could see myself living in a resort if I was able to. California is my favorite place to travel to because I love their beaches! When I’m not traveling, studying, or trying to maintain my spot on the Dean’s List, I also enjoy being a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and attending sporting events to cheer on the Baylor Bears. I am a typical girly girl and love the color PINK, bows, and dresses. I love fried pickles, dancing when no one is watching, TRYING to sing, my family, laughing, hanging out with my girlfriends, and shopping. Most importantly I love living each day to its fullest!



Tiffany:What was your first reaction when you won your national title?
Shannon: I was in so much shock and I just couldn’t believe it. I literally fell to the floor and started crying. After all these years of trying to capture a national title I couldn’t believe my dream had final come true!

Tiffany: How did you prepare for nationals?
Shannon: I was constantly walking around in my heels and practicing my introduction into a hairbrush. I also meet with some other Texas queens and we practiced interviews together.

Tiffany: How did you get involved in NAM?
Shannon: I got a flyer in the mail and begged my mom. She refused saying “We aren’t pageant people.” After a year of begging, she looked into NAM and found out what it was all about and finally gave in. I’ve been hooked every since.

Tiffany: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Shannon: Would like to manage a hotel or resort.


Tiffany: What do you like to do for fun?
Shannon: I really love going to the beach with my friends and what girl doesn’t love to Shop!

Tiffany: What activities are you involved in?
Shannon: Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority, Bear Pit, and Baylor Line

Tiffany: What is your best quality?
Shannon: The fact that I am personable and can get alone with pretty much anyone.


Tiffany: How would your friends describe you?
Shannon: Caring, motherly, and full of spirit in all that I do.

Tiffany: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Shannon: Forever 21


Tiffany:Finish this sentence: People would be surprised to know...
Shannon: That I want a big family when I am older, to be exact 6 kids, 5 girls and 1 boy!

Tiffany: If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?
Shannon: A baby sister, thicker hair, and my dream Tony Bowls dress

Tiffany: If you could trade places with anyone for a day who would it be?
Shannon: Matthew McConaughey’s Wife :) haha

Tiffany: If I gave you 1 million dollars what is the first thing you would buy?
Shannon: A GPS cause I’m always getting lost!

Tiffany: What is your favorite quote?
Shannon: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13

Tiffany: What is your all time favorite movie?
Shannon: The Notebook

Tiffany: What is your most prized possession?
Shannon: My family, I have no idea what I would do without them.


Tiffany: What is your favorite book?
Shannon: “Are you There God it’s Me Margaret?”

Tiffany: Who is your role model?
Shannon: My great grandmother, she passed away in April but was the center of our family. She never let anything get her down and she always had a smile on her face. She was truly a pleasure to be around.

Tiffany: If you could star on any TV show what would it be?
Shannon: The Amazing Race so I could travel the world!

Tiffany: What do you hope to accomplish as National All American Miss Teen?
Shannon: Be a model to all girls across the country and to show them that by not giving up on your dreams that they can come true someday just like mine did.

Tiffany: If you had to pick between your cell phone, computer or TV what would you pick?
Shannon: Cell phone for sure!

Tiffany: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Shannon: Just be you because no one else can.

Tiffany: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Shannon: Pesto Chicken Pizza

Tiffany: What makes you unique?
Shannon: My endless love for children and the ability to make them smile.

Tiffany: What advice do you have for any girls thinking about entering NAM?
Shannon: Just TRY IT and I guarantee you will love NAM! If you can be yourself, you will do great! The friendships and memories you will make are so worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts