Miss New Jersey Princess had an Amazing Year Representing NAM!





Hi my name is Jessy Passantino and I am your 2015 National American Miss New Jersey Princess.  It was such an honor to represent my state this past year, I cannot believe that my time is over.
I had an amazing experience this year.  In my town I helped to collect book donations for the Jersey City Free Book Association.  Since I love pets I donated my time to the Lucky Cat Rescue in an event called Paw Fest.  During the event I helped speak to people about pet adoptions and even helped sell some of the amazing art donated by the local grammar school.  I had the honor to meet a   Senator from my home state.
My family and I along with some of my sister queens participated in the Susan Komen walk for Breast Cancer at Great Adventure.
Before nationals I met an amazing person named Michael Yun, he became a big fan and supporter of me.  He and some of the Jersey City Council Members presented me with a Resolution for my accomplishments in the pageant.  Getting ready for nationals was a fun and crazy time for both me and my mom.  I was so nervous traveling to California. Nationals was like nothing I had ever experienced.  We had a great 70’s party and danced the night away.  I was so proud of myself in my first national pageant, I placed in the top ten for the pageant and 4th for talent.   
When I came back it was time to work.  I helped give out toys at Christmas time to children in my city.  It was such a great time to meet kids and see the excitement on their faces when they picked out a toy.
My family and I participated in a 5 mile Walk to Cure Lupus.  There were so many people who came to show support. My sister Destiny and I took pictures with the New York Jets Cheerleaders and Jets Quarterback, Geno Smith.  It was a great time and we helped to raise awareness of this disease.  My sister and I were proud to dedicate our walk to our Tio Carlos who suffers from the disease. 
I really love reading so my sister and I were able to read books to the residents of Bayshore Nursing Home.  The staff there was so great they gave us both the chance to see what we would look like dressed up as a doctors.

The best part of being in NAM is meeting my sister queens. 
To my sister queens never stop smiling.  To my mom, thank you for everything that you do for me.  You are the best and I could not do it without you.  To my dad, thank you for being there and for your support.  To my big sister Destiny I love you and thank you for keeping me motivated, you are best sister ever.
To NAM I want to thank you for letting us follow our dreams and teaching us that anything is possible.
To my successor, congratulations, remember to have fun and never forget to be the best person that you can be. 
For me, this was the best experience ever.  Until later on when I am in the spotlight as a famous scientist, I am and always will be Jessy Passantino, your 2015 New Jersey Princess.













Comments

Popular Posts