It's Been an Awesome Year for Miss Florida Pre-Teen Georgia Head!






When I received the letter from NAM in the mail a year ago, I thought it was going to be a fun and new activity to try with my friend.  After open calls, I realized that this was going to be a learning experience too!   On the night of the finale, I was surprised yet thrilled when they called me for the semi-finalists, let alone for Miss Florida Preteen!  I remember just laughing as the queen crowned me and the banner was placed on my shoulders because I just could not believe it!

 My year has been absolutely fabulous.  I had the opportunity to meet Governor Anoatubby of the Chickasaw Nation, ride in parades, and go to Nationals in California!  Nationals was a fun filled and just plain awesome experience!  I met many new friends and learned so much.

  I enjoyed baking at the Ronald McDonald House, serving at Hands of Hope, participating in Valentine’s Day Can for a Gram, book drives, and making care packages for the homeless. I was also on student council as a class representative and joined the new Student Environmentalist Action Team. I am very happy I had the chance to be so involved in the community during my reign!

I would like to thank my family for supporting me and my NAMily, not just in Florida, but all over the country.  I couldn’t have asked for better sister queens!  Miss Lakishia and Steve and Kathleen Mayes, thank you for this amazing opportunity and experience.  To my successor, have the time of your life because it goes by fast!  Once again, I am Georgia Head, your Miss Florida Preteen 2015!






Comments

Popular Posts