Featuring Miss New York Pre-Teen Cover Girl!




Jada Melendez NAM Pre-Teen NY Cover Girl Farewell
I am Jada Melendez from Rockland County; I began my journey as your NY pre-teen Cover girl last year 2015.  I’ m am excited to describe the wonderful, great, motivating time I’ve had since I became cover girl.  When I got crowned as cover girl it was breath taking my heart was full of joy and happiness. I was more than ready to take on the role in representing National American Miss as your Cover Girl.  I will start by saying that my experiences began that same day, inspiring other girls, becoming a sister to all the other NAM-ily. I have learned so many great ways of working towards things that are passionate to me by setting goals I have made a difference throughout various communities, and in the life of others. I began a food drive for Move for Hunger collecting over 4, 000 items in food. I did a shoe drive and partnered with my school collecting over 200 pairs of shoes. I did a book drive for Chestnut Ridge elementary school collecting over 100 books.  I visited with children in Harlem hospital partnering with NYPD detectives during the Christmas holiday and donated care bears that I had collected since I was two years old to children who are in the intensive care unit. I help collect donations for winter clothes and school supplies for families in the Bronx that lost their homes in a devastating fire. I volunteered in many different areas such as cancer walks, aides walk, I donated clothes to the good will, salvation army and to families at a domestic center in my community. I attended book signing events, fundraiser at Ronald McDonald House supporting kids with cancer, modeled for Youth teens fashion show in Manhattan to support girl’s talents and dreams, I model for Future Stars 2 in the Bronx to support autism. I represented NAM in the St Patrick Parade in Middle town NY with my sister teen queen. I worked in a music video with Mark La- bron to support literacy for young children. I was busy but loving every minute of it and as a scholar student should I maintained my school grades as A plus, first honor, second honor, principle list. I’ve created a legacy that will leave a message of what pageant girl should be all about.

I spent unforgettable time with my sister queens we volunteered in the Ronald Mc Donald house and cooked for the families, we made valentine day cards for the soldiers overseas, we met in different occasions for lunch and had fun times together, we spent an awesome time in the Nationals in California together. We met many amazing girls and grew friendships, this time was very memorable to me.

To my successor prepare yourself this year will change your life, you will be involved in many fun activities and opportunities that will allow you to embrace who you are, make new friends and gain a new family that will be there for you throughout your journey, your namily.  I encourage you to take advantage and enjoy every second because the time flies by and you to will soon be standing on this stage as I am today giving your farewell. It is with great honor that I welcome you to the most inspirational, supportive, Nam family.

Lastly to my family thank you so much, mom, dad, my two sisters, my two brothers for all your work, support and unconditional love you given me, without you I couldn’t have grown to be the young lady that I am today I love you all dearly.  To my friends, community and sponsors that will forever hold a special place in my heart I am beyond grateful for your support.  I would also like to thank our Nam Directors Mr. & Mrs. Hayes for creating a pageant program that offers girls the opportunity to believe in their dreams. and lastly thank you dear lord for the life you given me for your guidance, your love and my family.  For the last time with much gratitude and love I am Jada Melendez your National American Miss New York Pre-teen Cover Girl 2015-2016.








Comments

Popular Posts