Get to know The 2014-2015 National All-American Miss Princess Emily Ortiz!



NAM: Tell us about yourself:
Emily: I’m 7 years old and currently in 2ndgrade. I have an older sister named Elizabeth that is my best friend. I love spending time with friends, but I especially love being around my family and playing board games

NAM: What activities are you involved in?
Emily:I take 6 different types of dance classes, and my favorite class is acro. I also take acting classes because it’s one of my other favorite things to do.

NAM: What are your plans for the future?
Emily:My plans are to go to college, become an actress, and one day become Miss America!


NAM: How would your friends describe you?
Emily:My friends would say I was smart, humble, nice, funny, and a fun girl to be around.

NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Emily:To be confident, to never be shy, and always be a good role model.

NAM: How did you prepare for the NAM National pageant?
Emily:To prepare for nationals my mom helped with my casual wear walk and was always asking me questions for my interview. My sister helped me with my poses for top model and I practiced my introduction over and over and over….



NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Emily:I love shopping at children’s place and I love to wear their headbands.

NAM: What is your most prized possession?
Emily:My prized possession used to be my diary, but now it’s my crown and banner.

NAM: What is your favorite movie?
Emily:My favorite movie is Annie because I loved her voice when she sang.


NAM: What is your favorite TV show?
Emily:My favorite TV show is Liv & Maddie. It’s a show about 2 sisters and I can relate because I also have a sister.

NAM: What is your favorite book?
Emily:My favorite book is Junie B. Jones because all her jokes are really funny.

NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Emily: I would tell them to be confident, let it out, and to always shine on stage.



NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
Emily: I want to be famous for being an actress.

NAM: What is your dream job?
Emily: My dream job is to be an actress in movies and TV shows.

NAM: How do you volunteer in your community?
Emily: I create care packages for homeless people and donate them to St. Vincent de Paul. I also read to kids at homeless shelters, but I plan to do a lot more throughout the year.



NAM: What is your most embarrassing moment?
Emily: I haven’t had an embarrassing moment yet, probably because I’m just 7 years old.

NAM: What is your favorite subject in school?
Emily: My favorite subject in school is reading. I love having a big picture in my mind while I read.

NAM: What is your biggest fear?
Emily: My biggest fear is to be camping near a cliff in the dark because you can’t see anything and fall.


NAM: Who is your role model?
Emily:My mom is my biggest role model because she always says that you can be anything if you work hard and be confident.


NAM: If you could go back in time to any historical event what would it be?
Emily:If I could back in time I would go back to see Dinosaurs like T-rex, Allosaurus, and Brontosaurus.

NAM: If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
Emily:I would love to have dinner with Selena Gomez because she is a good actress and I love her songs.


NAM: What is your favorite part about National American Miss?
Emily: My favorite part was all the friends I made and how NAM taught me to be confident and always believe in yourself.

NAM: How did you get started with NAM? How long have you been involved?
Emily: My mom got a letter in the mail last year and we went to an open call and we competed in the state pageant. I was the 3rd runner up and I loved the pageant because it was so much fun. Then 6 months later at nationals I became the National All-American Miss Princess.

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Emily: A NAM girl is sweet, confident, a good role model, and a girl that never gives up.


NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
Emily: I love going to the movies and eating A LOT of popcorn! I also love playing board games with my family.

NAM: What is your favorite food?
Emily: My favorite food is spaghetti and meatballs….especially the meatballs!!

NAM: What makes you laugh?
Emily: My mom makes me laugh all the time because she is silly and funny.

NAM: What was your first thought you had when you captured your national title?

Emily: I was in shock because all my other friends were really good, and I was very happy and thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts