Miss Florida Teen!



Blain Waldorf once said, “The thing about new beginnings is that they require something else to end.” Even though this is a bitter / sweet moment for me, I could not have been more blessed to have had this journey. Just a year ago, I was going though the mall and found an open call letter addressed to me from National American Miss. I’ve never been more excited and nervous to try something new. The fun filled weekend at the pageant was more than I could put into words. I had this sense of a piece in my heart like I knew this was for me. When I heard my name called as your new Miss Florida Teen, my heart completely dropped. I couldn’t grasp that it was really me. I was shocked and thrilled to be crowned with this honorable responsibility. Right away I went straight to work, creating fundraising and speaking to girls of all ages, defining inner beauty. I had events for my family’s local charity, Foster Closet, a non profit for North Florida’s foster children. 
My favorite part of my reign, would have to be all the amazing people I’ve met, they have all impacted my life. 
National American Miss has taught me confidence. I’ve grown more confidence in myself. Not only on stage, but off in my everyday life.
I would like to thank God for giving me this wonderful opportunity to shine. To my Mom and Dad for their constant support and love.. Miss Lakisha. For cheering me on…And when my name was announceds as Teen Queen, My Family and Friends for being the loudest crowd ever! And of course, I could never forget my sister queens – Ava, Morgan, Kayley Erika, Jireh and Brittany….LOVE YA – Sista’s forever!!
And to my successor…Congratulations. You are in for the journey of your life, but remember one thing… Always stay humble! Things may not turn out the way your hoped, but there is a plan designed for you. You don’t need a sash around your chest and a crown around your head to make a difference in this world. You need to be yourself and everything else will fall into place. 
Now I would like to pass this quote down to you. “It’s the oldest storing in the world. One day you’re seventeen and planning for someday and then quietly and without you ever really noticing someday is today. That someday is yesterday and this is your life. WE spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing – but ambinistion is good, chasing things with integrity is good, - Dreaming. If you had a friend you knew you would never see again what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love what would it be? Say it! Do it! Don’t Wait! Nothing last forever. Make a wish. Place it in your heart. Anything you want everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it could come true. You never know where the next miracle is going to come from, the next memory, the next smile, and the next wish that will come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it… to the certainty of it you just might be the thing you wished for. The world is full of magic; you just have to believe in it. So make your wish, do you have it? Good. Now believe in it with all your heart.
2014 Miss Florida Teen, Reagan McGuire







Comments

Popular Posts