A few words from your 2014 Miss Pennsylvania Jr. Teen Rachel Bish



When I received my first NAM letter, I knew nothing about pageantry. I thought this would give me an excuse to wear a pretty dress, have fun and make new friends.
Little did I know that years later I would capture the title of 2014 NAM PA Jr. Teen.

The moment after I was crowned, my life changed. I have had the opportunity to volunteer for the Multiple Sclerosis Bike-a-Thon in honor of my mother, volunteer for a 5K race and help receive a $60,000 grant for the Community Food Warehouse, donate books and toys to deserving children, smile and wave to crowds in several parades and speak to young children about the effects of bullying. 
Without perseverance and determination, I would not have had so many opportunities in making a difference throughout my community and meeting so many wonderful people along my travels.
Competing in the National pageant in Anaheim, California and being in the Top 5 for Spokesmodel has been one of the highlights of my year. But nothing compares to the bond I have created with my sister queens. 
Thank you to my wonderful state directors, Sandy and Nicole for this amazing opportunity to be party of NAMily. I truly am blessed and will continue to volunteer throughout my community beyond the remainder of my year of service.

"If you can believe in it...you can achieve it."

Love always, your 2014 NAM Pa Jr. Teen, Rachel Bish

Comments

Popular Posts