Meet The 2014-2015 National American Miss Jr. Teen Elizabeth Saby!



NAM: Tell us about yourself:
Liz: I am a 16 year old sophomore at Mora High School. I have a 5 year old brother named Robby, a black lab named baby, and a cat named Lily. I live in a town where the population is 3,571 people! I love summer, swimming and adventures. 

NAM: What activities are you involved in?
 Liz: I run cross country, ski, golf, figure skate, I'm in student council and I love to do plays and musicals! 

NAM: What are your plans for the future?
Liz: I plan on getting a degree in medicine and becoming a missionary. I'd like to serve in the Middle East or India, healing wounds and spreading the word of God. I also would like to travel the world. 
Ready to hit the NAM National Stage for the opening number!

NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Liz: You can only do you're best, and when you do so, that's what should make you the most satisfied. 

NAM: How did you prepare for the NAM National pageant?
Liz: I practiced whenever I could! In the fall I had such a busy schedule with cross country and play practice that whenever I had free time I was practicing. Walking in my shoes on weekends, running through my introduction between classes, the excitement of the national pageant never left my mind! 

NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Liz: Love love love Forever 21. The clothes they have are so chic and everything is adorable!
National Sister Queens!

NAM: How have pageants shaped your life?
Liz: Pageants have made me a confident, motivated, approachable person. NAM has taught me to be myself, and trying to fit the mold won't do me any good. Over the years I've realized this, and I've decided that the best you can be is yourself. (:

NAM: What is your most prized possession?
Liz: My Bible. This is my road map to life. I take it with me everywhere, and everything I need to be happy is written in it. 

NAM: What is your favorite movie?
 Liz:The Breakfast Club is #1 because it's a movie about real life. The 5 teenagers could've very well been born in my generation and the movie would still relate to life. Moral of the story: 80s teenagers aren't much different from today's. 
NAM: What is your favorite TV show?
Having a blast at The NAM National Pageant! 
NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM contestants?
Liz:Don't be discouraged or compare yourself to other contestants. It drops your confidence level! Remember you can only do and be your best!

NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
 Liz: I'd like to be the first woman to base jump off of Burj Khalifa in Dubai (the tallest building in the world!)

NAM: What is your dream job?
Liz: To own my own clothing shop on Venice Beach. 

Friends!
NAM: How do you plan to use your title?
Liz: I want to inspire people to be themselves. A lot of teenagers face pressure from authority figures about who they should be and what they should do. I believe strongly in loving who you are and doing something that makes you happy. 

NAM: How do you volunteer in your community?
Liz: I serve at my local soup kitchen, pack meals for kids against hunger, and volunteer at my church. 

NAM: What is your most embarrassing moment?
 At Disneyland at the National Pageant all of the jr teen contestants were told to runout of the castle for a video. I started to run in the mob of girls and my flip flop got stepped on and it fell off. On of the choreographers handed it back and I ran out at least 5 seconds after everyone. Maybe I should've asked for a redo...

Ready for Check -In at the national pageant! 
NAM: What is the biggest misconception about your generation?
Liz: Adults tend to think that my generation doesn't have goals. The truth is, we aren't just lazy teenagers playing video games and tweeting. Everyone has goals and dreams, especially us! 
NAM: If you could go back in time to any historical event what would it be?
Liz: I would like to experience the 70s. It's such an interesting time in history where teenagers stood up for what they believed in: peace. 

NAM: Who is to most influential person in the world?
Liz: I think Malala is an extremely influential person. Not only did she speak about what she believed in when it was forbidden, she escaped death, and continued to speak to many about what she believes. I like to think she is more influential because she is a young woman, who grew up not having power. 

Formal Wear Modeling! 
NAM: What is your favorite part about National American Miss?
Liz: NAM encourages young girls that they don't need to wear makeup to be pretty. 

NAM:How long have you been involved?
Liz: I got a letter in the mail when I was 6. I competed that summer and I loved it. I have competed in NAM seven times, winning my state title last summer. To travel to Nationals to compete and win has been my dream since my first year at NAM. 

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
 Liz:Someone who is caring and real. All of the previous and current NAM queens I have met are in fact both! 

The Crowning Moment!

NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
Liz: I love rollerblading in the summer! My best friend Emily and I will spend endless time on bike trails around my town.
NAM: What makes your state unique?
Liz: We are a very friendly state! It's uncommon to walk down the street in my small town without a smile or a hello from the person passing by. 

NAM: What is your favorite food?
Liz: Cosmic Brownies and my mom's homemade bean soup.

The 2014-2015 NAM National Queens!

NAM: What makes you laugh?
 Liz:My friends know how to make me laugh! Without them, I don't know how I'd make it through the school day!

NAM: What was your first thought you had when you captured your national title?
Liz: After the initial shock of OMG, I thought, someone needs to tell my dad! Luckily, he already knew, because he was watching the feed from home. 

NAM: People would be surprised to know what about you?
 I am a little bit of a tomboy. My dad farms beef cattle and I have raised a calf on my own! I can dig worms for fishing, bait the hook, take the fish off, and fillet them all by myself. 
Who is ready for NAM Nationals !?


Comments

Popular Posts