Take a Look at The 2011 National American Miss Texas



I have been blessed to be part of the National American Miss organization since its beginning. My first pageant experience began with Steve and Kathleen Mayes at the age of eight. The Mayes are truly dedicated to empower, encourage, and enrich the lives of young women. I have always believed that God puts people in our lives for a reason. I am so thankful for my NAM family of Directors, choreographers, staff, past and reigning queens for the wonderful experience and lifelong relationship we will always have together. I have learned that by taking small steps toward any goal, with hard work and dedication, I can achieve my dreams. I have attained self-confidence and am determined to make an impact in the world. Since my first crowning moment, this has truly been the time of my life with moments I will always cherish.

To NAM contestants, have confidence in the person you are. Whatever you choose to do with your life, be proud of who you have become. Celebrate every lesson learned, the strength gained, and the character you develop. Remember, to take time to make new friends. In the years to come, the hugs, smiles, and pictures will be a treasure.

I will be passing on the title of National American Miss Texas to a very fortunate girl. To my successor, it will not take long to realize the responsibility you have received to be a positive role model. The choices you make may not only impact you, but also those who aspire to be you. In assuming your new title, others will be motivated by the example you demonstrate in what you say or do. Build on the opportunity to display humility, knowing this new title does not place you in a role of elevated status, but provides an opportunity to serve others.

My participation over the years, and this current reigning year, has been such a blessing. Many of the experiences gained have made me the person I am today and the person I am still becoming. I am thankful for the support of my friends, family, pageant family, and God for the blessing and opportunities provided. As this is the end of my competing years with NAM, I am sad to leave but thankful for the ability to walk away with so many memories and the priceless experience gained.

With much gratitude, I say goodbye to this amazing chapter in my life, and look forward to the new experiences God has in store for me.

Best wishes and God bless you,

Heather Blakely

National American Miss Texas 2011-12

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13

Comments

Popular Posts