It's a Top 5 Finish for The 2010 National American Miss Ohio Princess Haley Thomas!



I knew at an early age while I was watching my big sister compete at National American Miss that I just had to be part of the fun.  Last July I got my chance when I was crowned the new Ohio Princess.  I was so excited.

The excitement really began when we traveled to “That State up North” – Michigan as visiting royalty.

I became quick friends with Michigan contestant Selia Rendon.  An unlikely friendship a Buckeye and a Wolverine.  And surprise Selia was crowned as the Michigan Princess. Together our families were off to California and the national pageant.

We had a great time during the Hollywood tour.  We even got up close and personal with Mario Lopez – Super Cutie.  Our time at Disney was of course magical.  The fashions were stunning and the company well Goofy.  Sharing the Thanksgiving Banquet with family and new friends was amazing.

Nationals got even better when I heard the name of the great state of Ohio called as a top 10 finalist and then even better when I head the name of the great state of Ohio as a top 5 finalist – and then my heart pounded when I heard that I would represent the great state of Ohio as the 4th Place Runner Up in the Nationals Queen’s Court. 

The sweetest part of my success at Nationals was that my sister queens where there to share my national experience.  Juliana, Kristen, Kacey, Brynne and Lindsey I couldn’t ask for my supportive and sister queens.  Our sleepovers and charitable events were so much fun.  You are truly in my hearts.

Being a pageant queen is tiring and not always glamorous but when you have a big sister like Taylor to share the fun times the memories grow and grow.   She is beautiful in so many ways.  Thanks Tay-Tay. My family are my biggest fans.  Sissy, Grandma and Grandpa Bradford, Grandma Marilyn and Papa Rich and my entire family I love you.

My parents Lisa and Travis have given me the tools and the opportunity to make choices in my young life.  Thank you for allowing me to experience new and exciting adventures.  Brave Hearts; Strong Minds.

During my reign my sister queens Kristen, Brynne and I helped welcome the new Governor of Ohio – John Kasich.  We celebrated his election with the hot new rock band New Holland.  I got to spend some one on one time with his wife Karen and their daughters.   Later, Governor Kasich and Mrs. Kasich sent me a letter of achievement in recognition of my success at Nationals and representing the state of Ohio as a member of the National Queen’s Court.

Thank you to the entire staff of National American Miss.  You are unmatched with your smiles and encouragement of young ladies.  It has been a true joy to work and grow with you.

It makes me very sad to see how fast this year has flown by. But in my heart of hearts I know that once a NAM queen always a NAM queen.

I know have the privilege of passing my title to a new bright eyed young lady looking to find her dreams and memories and believe me when I say there will be lots of precious memories.

Remember, this is your moment; this is your time to shine.  Make your reign as the new Ohio Princess the best it can possibly be.

All that is left to say now is thank you and farewell and until we meet again.  I am your reigning
2010 – 2011 National American Miss Ohio Princess Haley Thomas.


Volunteering with her sister queens!
Haley placed top 5 in the nation at the NAM National Pageant !



Comments

Popular Posts