Meet The 09-10 National All-American Miss PreTeen Adina Triolo !!!

Get the inside scoop on this outstanding Jersey girl !! Adina Triolo is our newly crowned National All-American Miss PreTeen and has a fantastic ride ahead of her as she reperesents the PreTeen's of America !!!

Tiffany: What was your first reaction when you won your national title?
Adina: My first reaction when I realized I had won was – WOW!!! AM I DREAMING?!! I was stunned! I never thought I would have made it so far as to be crowned queen! When they called the first runner up, I felt shocked and confused…I actually recall getting dizzy; I didn’t believe what was really happening until I felt the crown being placed on my head by Nicole! I started crying tears of happiness and my legs were shaking because of my excitement!

Tiffany: How did you prepare for Nationals?
Adina: Having been to Nationals before in 2007, I knew that I had a lot of work to do. For the optional competitions, I tried to make all my performances really fun and interesting by bringing lots of personality. I practiced for the interview portion by having my parents and older brother ask me random questions. I always pretend it’s the real thing and use as much energy and enthusiasm as possible because I believe the judges just want you to shine and be yourself so they can really get to know you. Also I keep in mind to look at the judges in the eyes so they know you are comfortable with them and they have your full attention…not that lovely pattern on the wall! For introduction I prepared by looking at whoever I was practicing with and staying in pretty feet. For the gown walk, I also practiced looking at the judges, smiling and walking at a steady pace…oh, and let’s not forget shopping for that perfect gown!!

Tiffany: How did you get involved in NAM ?
Adina: One day I got a card in the mail inviting me to apply as a state contestant. I had never heard of NAM or any pageant before, and it sounded like a fun way to meet new people and shine, and I was right! After participating in the Jr Pre Teen pageant in NJ in 2007, I was hooked! I gained a lot of confidence and faith and also a lot of new friends that I love!

Tiffany: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Adina:When I grow up I would like to be a performer. I hope to go to Princeton University to receive a degree in theatre arts so that I can become a singer, actress, dancer or maybe all 3! Whichever path I choose, I’d have a chance to be on my favorite show, ‘Dancing with the Stars’, either as a guest or a professional dancer! I love performing because I believe it truly brings joy to people and I love making people happy.

Tiffany:What to you like to do for fun?
Adina: When I am not in voice or dance lessons, I love hanging out with my brother, writing poetry, watching TV…family movie nights are also a big favorite, my mom always makes homemade popcorn which is the best! I also love hanging out with my cousin Jamie, she’s a phenomenal dancer and we choreograph dances together and perform for our family, usually in the kitchen!


Adina with her brother at the National Pageant !

Tiffany: What activities are you involved in?
Adina:I am involved in a very wide variety of activities. I take voice, piano and dance lessons. In dance I am currently in ballet and jazz. I volunteer for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Finding a cure for breast cancer is very important to me because a good friend of mine passed away from this disease. I also perform with the Paper Mill Playhouse All Stars with is a theatre company that performs for seniors and disabled children. I LOVE this type of community service because I do two things I love at once…perform and bring joy to others! It is simply amazing to see the kids and seniors eyes light up when we perform…you can tell they get so much enjoyment and are so happy and appreciative, it makes everything so worthwhile!

Tiffany: How would your friends describe you?
Adina: I think my friends would describe me as loyal, funny and confident. Loyal, because I stand up for them always, funny because I’m always cracking jokes (I try all my new material on them!), and confident because I am not afraid to try new things and be a little crazy!


Tiffany: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Adina: My favorite place to shop is the Rebecca Collection…it’s a really neat little shop that sells cute knick knacks and fun things to wear…they always have the latest and greatest things…right now it’s Sugar Lips, these really cool tank tops. I love this store because I have been going there since I was a very young child. I remember walking into the store the first time thinking it was just the coolest place ever…the owner and her dog are awesome…ahhh, so many lasting memories packed in that little shop!


Adina getting called into the top 10 at Nationals !!!
Tiffany: Finish this sentence: People would be surprised to know...
Adina: That I play ice hockey…with boys! Most people think that I am a girly girl (which I totally am!) but I have a sporty side too! I play on a team in which I am the only girl. The rest of the team didn’t even know I was a girl until the end of the season because of course I use the girl’s locker room and you come out with your helmet on. It was a good thing but a little unfortunate too, because while they treated me like one of the boys instead of taking it easy on me, they also called me ‘Billy’ and slapped me on the back-HARD!!


Tiffany: If you could trade places with anyone for a day who would it be?
Adina: If I could trade places with anyone for a day it would be with my eldest cousin, Jennah. She is 18 and in college and I think it would be cool to see what college is like! Also, Jennah plays basketball (she is also a girly girl but a killer athlete) and I think it would be fun to take her place in a game-but I’d need her skills too, otherwise it would be pretty scary!!

Tiffany: What is your favorite quote?
Adina: My favorite quote, by Ralph Waldo Emerson, is “do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”. I love this quote because it inspires me to be myself, have my own dreams and follow my heart.

Tiffany: What is your most prized possession?
Adina: My most prized possession is a collectible doll that my Grandpa gave to me. It’s a baby girl with blue eyes dressed as a cat. I loved it because it reminded me of something from my childhood but I couldn’t remember what. One day, my mom said that she was going to get rid of it. At that moment I remembered! On my second Halloween, I dressed as a fluffy white kitten, and all you could see was my face, just like the doll! After I told my mom why I wanted to keep it, she did too!

Tiffany: What is your favorite book?
Adina: My favorite book is Tuck Everlasting which is about a girl who meets a family who stays the same age forever and cannot die. The book taught me so many life lessons such as never take life for granted and live your life to the fullest while you can.

Tiffany: If you could star on any TV show what would it be?
Adina: If I could star on any TV show, I would star on Dancing with the Stars because I love ballroom dancing! I have always wanted to be a professional dancer on the show but it would be fun to be a star too, because a lot of them get to come back and perform again.


Happy New Year !!!

Tiffany: What advice do you have for any girls thinking about entering NAM?
Adina: Go for it!! NAM is so much fun! It REALLY gives you so much confidence to try new things! It really isn’t about winning either! If you play sports, you don’t expect to win every game…it’s about working hard to get better and do your personal best. It teaches you to speak in front of an audience, which is a skill you will use your entire life, whether you become something like a politician or are just giving a toast at your best friends wedding!! Plus once you do one pageant, you meet so many new people, and it’s great seeing them the next time…before you know it, you have a whole new group of friends that you text, go to their parties, or maybe just see next year and pick up where you left off. NAM is the best!!


Fun at Disney !!!


Adina with the National Judges !!!

Comments

Popular Posts