Get to know The 2016-2017 National All-American Miss Jr. Pre-Teen Alena Mascarenas!


NAM: What activities are you involved in?
Alena: I am the short stop for my softball team, I am in gymnastics and I love to act! I have been in a handful of plays and I just shot a TV show!

NAM: What are your plans for the future?
Alena: I want to be an Olympic Gymnast and I would love to perform on Broadway on day.

NAM: How would your friends describe you?
Alena: My friends would say that I am confident, intelligent, kind and I am definitely the class clown.


NAM: What motto or quote best describes you?
Alena: “Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back…”

NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
Alena: My mom always says, “Perfect practice makes perfect.”

NAM: How did you prepare for the NAM National pageant?
Alena: I really practiced my interview and that helped me the most. I was always nervous of interview but now I think it is really fun!


NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
Alena: My favorite place to shop is Barnes and Nobel! I love books and reading.

NAM: How have pageants shaped your life?
Alena: Being with NAM has helped me be a more confident leader. I am also really comfortable on stage now and that has helped me with my acting! After I started competing in pageants, I started being cast in lead roles in plays and earned a scholarship for being a leader in the theater.

NAM: What is your most prized possession?
Alena: If I lost my two dogs, Dolce and Sasha, I would be devastated! They always cuddle with me and I love playing with them.



NAM: What is your favorite movie?
Alena:I love the Harry Potter movies. I have all the books too but I am still reading those!

NAM: What is your favorite TV show?
Alena: Liv and Maddie on the Disney channel is my favorite show.

NAM: What is your favorite book?
Alena: Right now I am reading Dork Diaries and it is so funny!


NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
Alena: If you ever mess up, don’t worry, just get up and try again. That’s what I did and I finally won National All American Miss!

NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
Alena: If I could be famous I would want to be known for two things; a famous dancer in the Nutcracker and helping to save the oceans by telling people to not litter.

NAM: What is your dream job?
Alena: I want to be a Marine Biologist to help the oceans and all the animals in the ocean. I also want to own a Beanie Boo store.


NAM: How do you plan to use your title?
Alena: I volunteer at a local animal shelter and I want to help them to raise money and donations for the animals. I also want to tell more people about how important it is to adopt from shelters.

NAM: How do you volunteer in your community?
Alena: I volunteer at Lost Our Home Animal shelter where I read books to animals and make blankets for the animals to sleep on.

NAM: What is your most embarrassing moment?
Alena: That’s an easy one, when I threw up in the hall at school. It was at lunch time and everyone saw, I was so embarrassed!!



NAM: What is your favorite subject in school?
Alena: Reading is my favorite subject in school. I love learning new words and using my imagination.

NAM:  If you had three wishes what would you wish for?
Alena: I love to travel so my first wish is to go to Paris. My second wish would be to go to New York and be in a Broadway show. My third wish is the win a state or National title for each age group in NAM.

NAM: What is your biggest fear?
Alena: My biggest fear is losing my family and being alone.


NAM: What is the biggest misconception about your generation?
Alena: Many people think that kids my age are too busy playing on phones and ipads to be involved in the community. Being a part of NAM proves that kids can do big things and make a difference in the community.

NAM: Who is your role model?
Alena:My mom is my role model because she always encourages me to try new things and she makes me feel safe and loved. She works so hard and would do anything for me, I would love to be just like her when I grow up.

NAM: If you could go back in time to any historical event what would it be?  
Alena: I love reading anything about the Titanic, so I would love to go back in time to see it in real life. I wouldn’t want to be on it, but I would love to be able to walk through the ship.



NAM: Who is to most influential person in the world?
Alena: God is my biggest influence, I try to make him proud every day.

NAM: If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
Alena: I would love to have dinner with Sabrina Carpenter. She is such a great actress and I would love to spend time with her.

NAM: What is your favorite part about National American Miss?
Alena: I love so much about NAM but my favorite thing is all the new friends I make every year.


NAM: How did you get started with NAM?
Alena: How long have you been involved? My mom and dad got an invitation in the mail and we signed up. I started as a Princess at 5 years, I was so little!

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
Alena: A NAM girl is someone who is confident, kind and is a friend to everyone.

NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
Alena: I like to ride bikes with my friends, jump on my friends trampoline, take my dogs on walks and to go swimming.


NAM: What makes your state unique?
Alena: It is HOT! Arizona has great weather so we are always outside doing something. During the few months that it is super hot, we just swim all the time. I love it!

NAM: What is your favorite food?
Alena: Steak tacos are my favorite…and chicken tacos. Pretty much any kind of tacos!

NAM: What makes you laugh?
Alena:  My dog Dolce always makes me laugh when he eats. He takes one little piece of food out of the bowl, barks at it and jumps around for a little bit then finally eats it. It is so funny to watch!


NAM: What was your first thought you had when you captured your national title?
Alena: Is this a dream?! I am still shocked that I was crowned!

NAM: People would be surprised to know what about you?

Alena: I am actually a little bit of a tomboy. I love sports! I played on an all boys baseball team when I was 4 and I just started playing on a girls softball team a few years ago. I love to watch football, climb trees and I do mud runs whenever they come to town. 

Comments

Popular Posts